free hit
counters
Lotus annual service options. - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus annual service options.

Hi everyone. Hope all are well in this lock down. 
My car is due it’s annual service, well now past slightly as was cancelled with warranty work when the Carlisle technician got fired at the end of Feb. Then the Parks fiasco, are they aren’t they blah blah blah  

I’m getting Craig to do some work for me when he opens up and some parts arrive from Hethel  

Do I just get Craig to do the service too as he and his team are most trusted. Do I need a stamp from a Lotus dealer if so who and where is recommended from Edinburgh after lockdown? Are Parks even up and running or capable of servicing the cars properly? Thoughts?

Warranty is now up on the car but Lotus have agreed to do any necessary work as I was cancelled by Carlisle when the tech walked or was pushed so will have to go to a dealership at some point.

Many thanks  

Andy.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CMC top notch - the only thing extra a main dealer could do would be any software updates for the car - not sure Craig can do that - but then the actually spannering would not be as good as Craig and

I’d go with CMC. You know the work will be carried out properly by people with experience of the cars, using the correct parts. Craig is well respected and anyone seeing a service stamp from him would

I will have a word with Parks on Wednesday as the Mac/Lot is in for new brake discs and pads. I too have spoken to the Lotus factory but now just getting the brush off.  A 

I’d go with CMC. You know the work will be carried out properly by people with experience of the cars, using the correct parts. Craig is well respected and anyone seeing a service stamp from him would recognise that as a legitimate service. As you say, the warranty has expired. 

• Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM

CMC top notch - the only thing extra a main dealer could do would be any software updates for the car - not sure Craig can do that - but then the actually spannering would not be as good as Craig and his team.

I really think Lotus has missed a trick in not organising for him to be an authorised service centre. The way he deals with and treats customers is a credit to the brand and nothing is ever too much trouble.

Still no sign of a Scottish Dealer despite us being told it was "done" a couple of months back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I will have a word with Parks on Wednesday as the Mac/Lot is in for new brake discs and pads. I too have spoken to the Lotus factory but now just getting the brush off. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Andrew C said:

I will have a word with Parks on Wednesday as the Mac/Lot is in for new brake discs and pads. I too have spoken to the Lotus factory but now just getting the brush off. 

Have you got some contact details for parks you’re willing to post here? I’ve no idea even where they are or who to email or call as can’t see an update on their web sites. 

• 2 months later...

Given it's now July, I'm now starting to think about getting the Elise booked in for a service (due September). Where has everybody used for servicing throughout this year? Am I right in thinking that JCT600 in Leeds are the nearest approved service centre (given Carlisle don't have a technician)? As the car is only a couple years old, I'd like to ensure I maintain the warranty on the car - however a 700-mile round trip to Leeds (in a car with less than 4,000 miles on it) isn't something I'm overly keen on. It's a kick in the teeth enough to have to pay for the service which should have been covered by the service plan I agreed with Leven. I've emailed Hethel in the hope that they might agree to maintain the warranty even if I get the car serviced at Craig Moncrieff, but don't hold too much hope on that. Really hoped they would have something sorted for Scotland by now - I keep hearing "soon", but that never comes.

Edited by aJayMitchell

Quick response from Lotus CS:

Hi Ally,

Thank you for the email.

The demise of The Leven Car Company has caused many issues for our customers in Scotland, we understand. Behind the scenes we have been doing everything possible to find the correct Dealer to pick up where Leven left off, understandably it cannot just be anyone! They must be the right Dealer for our valued customers, after all these vehicles are our customers pride and joy.

We are due to release to the public and our customers early August the appointment of a new Dealer group in Scotland. Details for which are currently confidential. During the month of August this Dealer group should be able to carry out servicing, diagnosis and Warranty repairs. They will have a number of vehicles in stock for the Sales team to market and sell to our customers, and importantly be a fully Approved Lotus Dealer.

To address your question, Lotus are unable to authorise a non-approved garage such as Craig Moncrieff Cars to carry out work on our customers vehicle under Warranty.

Rest assured details will be release in the next few weeks.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Edited by aJayMitchell
  • Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM

@aJayMitchell - firstly you do not need to get your car serviced by a main dealer to maintain your warranty. That bubble was burst many years ago and the manufacturers and dealers monopoly was eliminated.

Any garage can service your car and as long as they use OEM parts and follow the Manufacturers service schedule you have no impact on your warranty. My Evora 410 Sport has just had it's second annual service done by Craig Moncreiff, this car is still in warranty and Craig services changes nothing re the warranty.  End of.

I would argue that especially in Scotland, a CMC stamp would be better received than any stamp in the service book from the main dealer.  

However, if you want a main dealer stamp then I suspect Parks in Hamilton will be your best bet, they have the fanchise now I believe and their operation is being setup. Their service centre in Hamilton has been doing the recent Elise recall work for Lotus for example.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@C8RKH - Thanks for confirming - I wasn't aware that you could get the car serviced at an independant garage and still remain in warranty (if done correctly). I'm not overly fussed about maintaining a 'main dealer' stamp in the book - was just concerned about losing any remaining warranty. You could probably argue that a CMC stamp will be more trustworthy than a Parks stamp when they're only just getting up to speed.

Edited by aJayMitchell
  • Like 1
  • Gold FFM

As an aside, in order to do the service properly, you need to take an undertray off. Let's just say that after the first service my nuts looked untouched!  :)

Does not mean anything either way of course and not accusing anyone of anything. But the horror stories you hear about dealers and servicing - my wife had a Qashqai a few years back. Picked it up from the dealer after second annual service and it sounded like a tractor. Eventually the fault was traced to a displaced vacuum hose oh and the dealer had "forgotten" to put the oil cap back on!  FFS, I kid you not!

• Confused 1

I am Kelso based, with a V6 EXIGE, 3 years old, so part way between Craig Moncrief and Carlisle. Interestingly I was aware of the Carlisle history, but tried to make contact and got no response. I read with interest the Lotus Response, however having waited for a clutch issue to be sorted for nearly 3 years, only getting it sorted after it imploded at a Leven track day in front of there technical team. Then after having it sorted, nearly crash as my seat flew back, took it back to Leven who couldn't sort it, ended up driving 60 miles with the roof wedges behind seat to named as drivable. At home stripped out seat and found it had been damaged, screwed onto wrong homes and cross threaded.

So there I am tapping out screw holes on a £65000 (2 1/2 years old) car I bought and serviced at a main dealer, who broke it and couldn't fix it. Indeed on contacting customer service at Lotus was told that if a fault is introduced during warranty work, this is not covered. That said an engineer gave me some pointers - THANKS

Then finally this Wednesday took it to Craig Moncrief who found key elements on the service schedule had not been previously changed, despite 2 main dealer services.

So lotus I get the process of main dealers, but you also have a duty of care to the end user. I am happy to buy a lotus, enjoy driving it..... but please make it easy for us.

I have shelled out £130,000 over the last 8 years.

I went to Craig as he impressed me at Murray Lotus, but it does upset me that I am now a second class citizen.

As I said, like my car, have no axe to grind, but please help us with our ownership and make it easy.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

You'll only ever be a first class citizen at Craigs.

My undertray bolts were also brand spanking new untouched until CMC did my annual service. 
Im pretty nervous about sending it for warranty work at Oakmere.