free hit
counters
ACBC's Esprit - For Sale - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

ACBC's Esprit - For Sale

Henry

As I recall from seeing it 10 years or so ago it was the B pillar which in the pictures is silver/body colour rather than the usual black - I think it's flush with the door frames 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Gents,  Car has been sold back to Lotus now and will eventually become part of their museum after a very light sympathetic restoration as well as use for some marketing and publicity purposes.

That's a cracking idea, would be ace to be back where it belongs!

@nello - yes, this one  

Posted Images

I seem to recall much smaller panels gaps and lots of rubber inserts in what was left to eliminate wind noise.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

"Chapman’s Esprit was built in February 1981 (but not registered until August), and used by the Big Man until his death in December 1982. He covered just over 4,000 miles in the car, which was built to his exact spec."

Again I'm amazed there are no photos of Colin in it if he used it that much? But on the subject did MJK have a company car? :cool:

Just now, skiing said:

Does anyone have any details about the aerodynamic enhancements made to the car?  'redesigned bodywork to improve interior ventilation and cut wind noise.' 

I did some wind noise reduction work myself as well.  I went a bit over the top but still very happy about it.337018872_513YPgjy1L._AC_SX425_.jpg.46b80a3fd877e0b12ab2679c593c0577.jpg

• Haha 1

I sold my dry sump which was same colour in and out with polish rims and black centers. I nearly fitted the roof sound system, it didn't have power steering or polon filters. Didn't all that era esprit's belong to Chapman. 

Can't remember reg was cyc 35a, had it for 10 years. The guy a purchase it from changed pistons to forged type as was running high boost on turbo which melted originals. It was sold with a set of Goodyear nct. Had to sell as got to much attention and wife didn't want that anymore. Sold it to guy who lived in Aberdeen and drove it back which took 10hrs. He met new girlfriend in car and she made him sell it for same reason as my wife made me. It then was sold to someone in Kent, it did more miles in 2 years than I did in 10.

Interesting info thanks Giovanni. That is s/n 1073 one of the last cars with Compomotive wheels in the database. Hasn’t been taxed since 2010.

wonder where it is now.

Have just been on gov site, and yes not been taxed since 2010. So it will be with a collected then, as when I sold it the car was mint. 

Yes would hope sitting in garage. I can relate to having cars just sitting there, as just recommissioned my S1 after 17 years and a drop nose 911 after 11 years just e type to do and lotus 62 to finish . Will have a hard choice to make weekends on what car to use. 

5 hours ago, Giovanni said:

and lotus 62 to finish .

OK, Giovanni, you can't just let that slip by without details, or, more importantly, PICS! :D

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Giovanni said:

Okay will get some pic uploaded. 

YES I like to see some pics as well....  not that I am biased but I like the 62 a lot.... 

Gents you’re taking this subject way off topic - PM would be better surely?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Great result  - will be fantastic to see this on display in the new Museum when it’s built. Hopefully the first of many exhibits to showcase the history of the marque.

One thing I’ve just noticed from a pic of the interior which I’ve posted below - are these small vents alongside the stereo in the roof in other models with the roof stereo or is that something additional added at Colin’s request for his personal spec? My later ‘86 spec Turbo Esprit that I had in 2008 had vents up in the roof I’m sure but they were different to this (larger) and my current ‘82 Turbo without the roof stereo doesn’t have any.......

6C4049F8-F116-4C58-A58E-E76E375F6E36.jpeg

Good question. I know they did work on the ventilation for Chapman with special pollen filters etc, as he suffered from bad Hay fever so this could have been that extra ventilation specially for him.

• Like 1