free hit
counters
Value of a Non-Matching (Engine) Esprit Turbo - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Value of a Non-Matching (Engine) Esprit Turbo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the owner its originally Copper. It was repainted white by the two previous owners, going for the Bond Submarine look. Interior was also re-upholstered but I'm thinking of going for the t

Hi and welcome An engine change is not the end of the world with an Esprit and plenty are like it, for most it wouldn’t be a concern and for the few it won’t have a big impact value wise. Ce

Hello and welcome. When you say cylinder do you mean the block? Any performance car engine can fail for any reason at anytime, if you have the history behind the failure and the reason for t

Posted Images

My Federal (USA) model 1985 looks somewhat like your arrangement. Electric box cover is just flat aluminum secured by a tab at bottom and two M6 screws at the top.

TBBOVSmall.jpg

EngineCover (6).JPG

EngineCoverSmall.jpg

• Like 1

I did wonder about the cover when I saw the original picture with the header tank - hence my request for an image from the rear.

Looks like Thomas has the closest match.

A better picture of an '85 Federal style with cover installed. SteveV8 has templates for this style boot carpet.

85EngineCover.JPG

Does look radically different to the Domestic / Rest of World covers and engine bay surrounds.

@kalypso - Nice example you've found there. Assuming it's in good shape mechanically, you can enjoy the car now and sort the details as you go. Get it bought :)

Steve4012 - Thats cleanest one ive seen by a mile 

Do you guys have an opinion on what fair value on a car of this condition like this is?

I've used Hagerty and BringaTrailer as an idea but they're kinda all over the place. I figure you guys have seen the photos and can chime in with your two cents.