free hit
counters
Formula One 2020 - Page 10 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Great that Grosjean was able to "walk" away from that. Really is testament to the engineering that goes into those cars.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not possible to say who is the GOAT because they all raced in different eras, but I think a case can be made for Fangio, Clark, Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton. Either way, Hamilton is right

Shots fired by Kimi 🤣

Looks like Mercedes are dressing him as a test mule😆😆😆

Posted Images

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 15/11/2020 at 12:35, C8RKH said:

Well this weekend in Turkey the Mercedes was not clearly the fastest car and yet again, an unforced error from Max, (again, his hot head/poor judgement, no one elses) arguably lost him any chance of the win.

I'm not sure whether the Honda throttle response isn't a bit spikey compared to the Mercedes so he may have been getting a surge in torque as the throttle pedal is cracked open.  Max performed pretty well in the bad conditions at Hockenheim last year.

Interesting to hear Hamilton out-think the team in Bahrain when that told him his tyres would last to the end and he asked about what if there were a safety car as Max had fresher tyres.  Could job for him that the safety car came out so late.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Think you're being a bit kind to Max re the "spikey" pedal. He's had enough miles now to know how it handles. I think people forget he has been in F1 for 5 years now. He ain't no rookie any more.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Looks like Lewis is out for this weekends GP with COVID, so Max has a great chance to win. ;)

And George gets the drive! Fantastic news!

If I were a conspiracy theorist (which of course I am not), I'd say it was perfectly choreographed: Hamster wins the title, nothing left to prove, and right on cue, well wouldn't you know it, he catches a dose of Covid and a seat becomes vacant. Result - George gets to play with a Merc.

Margate Exotics.

9 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Result - George gets to play with a Merc.

But will he beat Bottas, should be interesting to see (Would not have thought so). Must be a chance for Red Bull to win one of the last 2 races.

Yes very big weekend for Bottas, defining maybe? We know that the Mercedes is faster than he can drive it, especially over a full race distance. Let’s hope neither Merc driver has any major problems, so that we can make a fair comparison. Good luck to both.

• Like 1

Straight shoot out between the two drivers competing for a 2022 Merc seat. Should be interesting! Bottas has a huge advantage so really can’t afford to get beaten.

It will also be interesting to see if either of them can beat Max.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

On a live, digital tour of the Mercedes Petronas team factories learning all about the cars, seeing how they are built etc, right now.  Bloody fascinating and just been looking at the thermal imaging in the front wing to monitor the tyre temps!  The attention to detail is mind blowing. The head of aerodynamics has just taken us through the air flow...

In a happy as shit pig of pile a.

You get the idea...

Interesting fact 1 - 25% of the total car downforce generated by the front wing  -hence why any damage to the front wing has a very evident effect on the cars performance in the race

Interesting fact 2 - throw out the FIA rule book and let the teams do what they want and the cars could have 5x the maximum downforce available now and the human body would not cope with just 2 corners at those g levels!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

And George gets the drive! Fantastic news!

If I were a conspiracy theorist (which of course I am not), I'd say it was perfectly choreographed: Hamster wins the title, nothing left to prove, and right on cue, well wouldn't you know it, he catches a dose of Covid and a seat becomes vacant. Result - George gets to play with a Merc.

Great that George gets this drive!!

I'm very much of the opinion ( and it is just that mind ) that there is and have been several choreographed happenings over the years.  One springs to mind at Monza, ensuring a strong Ferrari finish.  Jenson Buttons McLaren just giving up on the pit straight while he was running second with nothing said as to the cause for about a week before a very low key explanation.  There was something about Buttons body language that day...so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a remotely activated shutdown!  Oh how the Italian crowd went wild, and crucially, stayed on the circuit for the rest of the race! Love a good conspiracy theory 😉😉🤣

• Gold FFM

Has Bottas got a contract for next year yet?  If so, is there a "cancellation" clause?