free hit
counters
Formula One - Page 11 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Formula One

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
9 hours ago, pete said:

Is it the car?

Of course. It's all the car. I mean it's Lewis's car so he gets an extra electric motor and it's nothing to do with the driver.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I see Max is "whinging" already and getting in some early excuses re the "blind" corners being too dangerous. Bloody pussy, especially after his comments after Grosjean's crash about sacking drivers who would not get back in the car.  I really am starting to dislike him immensely.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Let's see how he does. I may of course be eating my words .

I think you might because Bottas is going to cave under the pressure and Russell is lacking experience in the car. Red Bull also has the faster race pace at the moment. Will have to wait and see what it looks like after FP3 and Q today.

• Gold FFM

I believe you are right @EldonZ. However, if Max DOES NOT win this weekend I think the pressure and the focus will be on a certain Dutchman, after all, as you have said he has the fastest car this weekend and as we all know with Lewis all you need to win is the fastest car!  :lol:

@C8RKHI would have to agree with you. If Max does NOT win this weekend where the Red Bull race pace is better than the Merc, what is going to be his excuse? He has proven that he can beat Bottas but if Russell beats him, is he still going to say it is the car? Many people have pointed out that Russell is always out performing his car.

• Like 1

Damn, that was close, 0.021. Tomorrow should be interesting. I think Max will take advantage of Russell at the start because he is not going to want to wreck. Bottas is going to have to demonstrate that he can control tire degrade as well as Lewis if you wants to stay ahead of Max. Now, if Russell has a better feel for the tires, will be interesting to see. This should be a good race to watch.

• Gold FFM

Yup. Max crashes at first corner and it's someone else fault :)

Hahahahaha.....

• Gold FFM

0.026 down on Bottas. From a bloke who’s a stranger to the car. That’s impressive stuff. On what is, to my eyes, a boring track.

Any one of the top three could win, but I reckon Bottas will have the edge. Russell’s on the dirty side of the track, Max isn’t. But Max’s starts have been a bit crap, so it’ll be interesting down into the first corner.

LeClerc played a blinder, though, what a lap!

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Not a total stranger to the car, he is Merceds team member on loan out remember.

Russell’s not driven the 2020 W11 before or been in their simulator this year and he doesn’t really fit in the car properly, so all in all, very impressive. Such a short, dull and simple layout though that times were always going to be unusually tight. congratulations to Bottas, he got the job done.

I’ll be amazed if Albon is in the Red Bull next year.

50 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Not a total stranger to the car

In his interview, he said that he hadn’t driving a Merc since 2018 (when he was reserve driver). He also said that the last 2 days had been very tough, with a very steep learning curve because ‘everything about the car is different to the Williams’. 

https://m.facebook.com/Formula1/videos/875777276583657/

• Gold FFM

Fairy nuff. I thought I'd read he'd spent time in the simulator. My bad.

• Gold FFM

Oh dear Max, Crashesdohappen!   I knew I should have bought a lottery ticket this weekend.

Russel - what a start and Bottas bottled it again! Who'd have guessed....

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, pete said:

So Hamilton at 40 million a year or Russell at 5 million

Hamilton and Russell with Russell building to take over from Hamilton - it's not just about in the car.  I just don't think Bottas has the bottle to be #1.

Vercrashesalot can go to AlphaTauri.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, pete said:

Bottlleas has a contract ,Hamilton hasn't signed yet. 

Perez had a contract too. 

I think you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think Hamilton will not be in a Mercedes next year. I may of course be wrong though.  

Russell currently earns a $1m, Bottas $9m.  Hmmm...   Bring in Russell to learn from Hamster for 1, or 2 years then Russell leads the team going forwards. No place for Bottas.

• Like 1

• Bibs changed the title to Formula One