free hit
counters
Formula One - Page 14 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

• Gold FFM

Yup, would be happy to see the back of this track. It is dull.

Glad Max was able to keep it together in what is obviously a great car, so no need for any more excuses.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think if Hamilton had been in front of Bottas we might have seen more pressure on Max. I have to agree that F1 needs to do something about the lack of being able to follow. As Bottas slowed down, he kept pushing Hamilton backwards. I believe this is what we have seen all year as the leader conserves tires. As long as the leader does not slow down too much, they will always control the race. I was surprised that Merc did not split the strategy between Bottas and Hamilton. It would have been interesting to see how the dynamics at the end would have changed.

It was also noticeable that Hamilton was not fully recovered from Covid. During his interview, you could tell that he was still out of breath. Also, on the podium, he was not his normal exuberant self during the celebration.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 2

I agree which meant they could have put Hamilton on a different strategy. If they did, the worse he would have finished would have been third which was still better than fourth that he needed to finish 2nd in the driver's championship.

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, pete said:

So Ted kravitz seems sure red bull are about to announce Perez will be driving for them next year        

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-sergio-perez-2021/

If this happens I will be genuinely excited. Perez is a good, exciting driver and in a really great car I think he'd be a dark horse for a few podiums and the odd win. I think the last few races will have an impact on Bottas performance and head too. If he keeps his Mercedes driver contract for next year I think he knows it will be his last.  He'll need to impress to get a seat anywhere else at the salary he will expect and so I see a spiral of despair forming. I could however be talking total shite and he'll have a superb year and become wdc!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I think Mercedes performance in Abu Dhabi was just a blip. Hamilton was clearly still under the weather and Merc had turned the engines down because they had some reliability concerns.

I was still surprised though by how comfortably Max controlled the race - great drive. Hopefully more to come from Red Bull in 2021 and I really hope Perez gets that drive.

It's funny how the talk is all on the Merc 2nd driver seat even though the contract is signed and Toto stating they like to honour their agreements.  Rather than Merc's number 1 drive slot.   But both Merc and Hamilton would be crazy to go anywhere else so I guess its pretty much a done deal they just need to agree on how much?

I think its highly likely Russell will get the 2022 contract for Merc and I can see Hamilton staying on for another year even if he wins 2021 WDC, I think he genuinely loves it and as long as he's getting regular podiums he'll stay in the sport.

I'll feel sorry for Botas if there is isn't a good F1 seat for him in 2022.   I think he's a good solid driver and while not an exciting personality seems like a nice enough guy.

Fingers crossed for Perez getting the Red Bull drive and hopefully he can get on top of the car and get good performance out of it.   There are a few good drivers in F1 that given a competitive car can achieve the odd podium here and there but rarely get given the opportunity to shine so fingers cross for Perez next year.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:15, C8RKH said:

That's an outfit my trendy gran would have worn in the 80's when embarking on a cruise.

Bloody muppet obviously has no mirrors in his hotel/house.

Maybe he got confused with Covid symptons and has instead, lost his sense of taste?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, pete said:

Alonso tested the Renault yesterday in Abu Dhabi. Topped the times and would have qualified 11th for the race

Then spend the whole race in a huff shouting at his team.  hahaha...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Perez it is... Looking forward to seeing him in the Red Bull next year.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154289/perez-replaces-albon-at-red-bull-for-2021

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So Hamilton's new contract is likely to allow him to have a veto on his next team mate, who is he afraid of? Or is he protecting Bottas.

added: “Lewis is the superstar of the scene. Formula 1 absolutely needs him.     This is according to Eddie Jordan but surely he is the reason F1 is now so boring.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

There are only two people that in this contract negotiation Lewis and Toto and all the speculation around the delay putting pen to paper is bringing out the worst in the press, if you believe anything you read on this story sorry you are very gullible. So you can probably say it’s all fake news.