free hit
counters
Formula One - Page 16 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends whose tyres he's on

It’s not possible to say who is the GOAT because they all raced in different eras, but I think a case can be made for Fangio, Clark, Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton. Either way, Hamilton is right

Shots fired by Kimi 🤣

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
31 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

@C8RKH

Max. Just sayin'

If he doesn't do something stupid, as usual. Just sayin'

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

We'll see. Let's see what happens when he starts to throw the toys out of the pram when everything isn't going his way.

It is looking like it is going to be quite an exciting season.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

@C8RKH

Max. Just sayin'

Sorry. What was that you were just sayin' again? Max who?

Oh, and no excuses that Max doesn't have the fastest car! 

Get in their Lewis!  Great race.

• Like 1

Verstappen would have preferred to stay out and take the penalty. Don't think if the roles had been reversed that Hamilton would have given the place back however his drive was masterful

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

If Verstappen had declined to relinquish the place I don't think he would have gained a 5 second gap.

I find the new C4 commentators irritating. Coulthard, as ever, was knowledgable and informative, we didn't hear enough from him. Vettel was delusional. haha.

3 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

I find the new C4 commentators irritating.

Agree - just the one new guy, DC and BM are fine. Even the wife found him a bit excitable. Maybe we will get used to him or he may be advised to tone it down a bit.

On the plus side the race was actually interesting, close and had a number of incidents. Great start for Lewis to hopefully be champion again this year.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
10 hours ago, pete said:

Verstappen would have preferred to stay out and take the penalty. Don't think if the roles had been reversed that Hamilton would have given the place back however his drive was masterful

And like Max, Hamilton would have finished second as he would not have got 5 seconds up the road. Again he pushed too hard and paid the price with the over take and losing the rear grip to fall out of DRS. All he had to do was be within 3/4s of Hamilton at the start of the finish straight and he would have sailed on past.

@Chillidoggy - so all last season it was all because Hamster had the best car. Now he doesn't have the best car, he still wins and yet you reckon HE should be worried now?  He was on older tyres too with less grip.  Hmmmm. If I was Max I'd have been kicking myself last night. Hamster did not win it, Max lost it.  Is it really that hard to recognise greatness in a fellow Brit?  Oh well.....

That was a bang on a race that Max should have won. And he didn't.  A great drive by the Hamster.Just sayin'.........  :)

It's a long season. I may end up eating my words. So making the most of it whilst I can.

Stroll must be kicking himself he got rid of Perez for Vettel. I really just don't think Vettel's head is in it any more and he should have retired with grace end of last year. Perez started last, in an unfamiliar car that everyone says does not "fit" his driving style. What a drive that was to finish P5 and him being voted driver of the day shows a lot of love for the driver out there. That was one bad business decision Stroll may well live to rue.

• Like 1

Red Bull is closer to Merc than at any other time in the past, Max is getting better, and Perez is not to be sneered at, either. His tyre preservation skills are astonishing, which will likely pay dividends now he's in a better car.

Anyone remember Gerry Marshall? He used to race modsports back in the day, and deliberately not bother in qualifying, or on occasion, not bother turning up. I'd heard that he had to be dragged from the beer tent to go drive on more than one occasion, but I'm not sure if that's just an urban legend. In the race, he'd then start at the back of the grid, and scythe his way to the front for the win. Perez's performance yesterday reminds me of him!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

11 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Anyone remember Gerry Marshall?

Remember seeing him in a lotus esprit with all 4 wheels smoking at an event run by the lotus factory at Brands Hatch. That I and a number of other customers of dealers in the south east attended - over 20 years ago - we had goes in an esprit and excels round the indy circuit.

Masterful performance by Hamilton, he proved just why he’s a seven times champ. Max and Red Bull didn’t win despite having the faster car. Hamilton did the same thing to Ferrari back in 2017/2018. He makes the difference.

Hopefully we’re in for a close fight this season.

• Like 1

C4 F1 commentators:

Steve Jones - wacky

David Coulthard - knowledgable and informative - good

Mark Webber - ditto

Alex Jacques - irritating

Billy Monger - irritating

New trackside interviewer guy - irritating

Lee McKenzie - good

Watched a bit of it, the commentary was dire.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Steve Jones irritates me with his puerile nonsense.

Billy Monger is down to earth, being a racing driver himself has an analytic eye,  and is mature beyond his years.

Bring back Jake Humphrey. Or Steve Rider. But not Eddie Jordan.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

That was a good race to start the season! The two guys out at the front always kept the pressure on each other right to the end.  And lots of mid order battles too! 

Fingers crossed it’s looking like it could be an interesting season! 

I also am not a fan of the new C4 commentator, he sounds like a caricature, almost as if he is trying too hard or taking the mick a bit.  His normal conversation choice was fine, hopefully he just got extruded on his first day in the job and tones it down? 

I liked Eddie in the later days where he would only attended a few GP.  He was fun a side show but couldn’t hack him at every race. 

• Gold FFM

I think Perez is going to be a real interesting driver to watch this year.  From the very back of the pack to P5.  No drama. No tantrums. No shitty radio messages. Like a true professional he just remained calm under pressure and did the job that was required.

A huge amount of respect for his GP performance from his Red Bull team too for the way he went about it and conducted himself.

I'd absolutely love to see him win 1/2 GP's this year and finish 3rd in the WDC.  I think Bottas is now very much a busted flush after finishing what was it, 26 or so seconds down in 3rd.  He's toast at Mercedes. If I was Mercedes I'd swap him now, with a sweetener to Williams, for Russell.  

• Like 1

Good point about Perez. I don’t think he quite gets the kudos he deserves because of the “no fuss” way he goes about racing.

I’m sure Merc would prefer to have Russel over Bottas.  Had Botas already signed up for 2021 season by the time Russel got his chance to shine? 

I think had the timing been different Mercedes would have been more confident in Russell’s ability and probably signed him up for this season. 

• Like 1

Bottas, while never quite in the hunt for the win was only a few seconds back until his botched pit stop cost him another 10 seconds and then they pitted him at the end so he could nick fastest lap off Max which cost him another 20 seconds.

I still believe Bottas is a lot better than he’s given credit for. He does need to sort his opening lap out though, he loses places too often and the last thing you need is to give Hamilton a head start!

Agree about Perez, he could even displace Max as Red Bull’s top race winner given his amazing tyre conservation skills.

Margate Exotics.

Perez will be good for RedBull and score lots of points, some podiums and possibly the odd win. What he won’t do is overly trouble Max. Does that make him rubbish?