free hit
counters
Formula One - Page 19 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Formula One

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not bothering to watch the highlights(?) this evening. Antiques roadshow has more excitement - or even better flipping bangers.

• Like 1

Time it was dropped from the calendar but then again cash is king

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Much as I love Monaco, as a street circuit, that race was as boring as they come.  I hate to say it, but I agree with you @scotty435 and it needs to go, history or not. Races like this really will kill F1 off as people just will not watch them. Yup, stunning setting. Yup, fantastic backdrop. Just not a good circuit for F1 and what the cars have become.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

There is a higher chance of F1 cars using diesel engines than Monaco ever being dropped from the calendar. 

It is more about the occasion than the race.

When things go wrong on track it can be exciting. Not much went wrong. LeClerc before the race and Bottas in his pit stop.

Raikonnen managed to pass Ricciardo at the start, I didn't see it.

schumacher passed his team mate at Loews hairpin

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Don't think it has anything to do with PC or not, but the hairpin name seems to change in line with the name of the Hotel that overlooks it - so as the ownership of the Hotel changes the hairpin name changes - Loews, Fairmont, Station...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

thought you of all people would see that was said tongue in cheek😁

Sorry I didn’t notice the Schumacher overtake on his team mate. Didn’t do him any good as it turned out, as he still finished last due to technical issues. But it’s a sorry state of affairs when the only such move is between the last two runners, who were 3 laps behind the winner. At the same time Hamilton sets a new lap record. The cars are way too fast for that track. As many of you who have visited Monaco will know, the TV cameras actually make the roads look much wider than they really are. It really is just a case of follow the leader if you don’t want to crash out.

A different follow the leader yesterday in superbikesIMG-20210524-WA0000.thumb.jpg.c65496bd9d4a43cbd24ee35035c9c813.jpg

I see LH has found another way to possibly injure himself this year - sky diving  - it was on this am on BBC.

At least there is no queue in front of him  unlike Monaco.

eg https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-9634447/Lewis-Hamilton-FLIPS-plane-daring-solo-skydive-F1-star-lets-steam.html

• Gold FFM

To me, this is the reason why Red Bull will not with the WDC or the Constructors Championship this year.  We are just a few races in, with a new driver line-up and yet again Marko is stirring it all up.  What will this do to Perez? Why should he put up with this already? He is already the best co-pilot Max has had.  I do believe Marko is the seat of many of the "performance" issues with Red Bull and if he was put out to retire, minus his constant negative and disruptive behaviours, we might actually see Red Bull perform better.

Just my view from what i see in the press etc, no idea what Marko is like in real life.....

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1443323/Red-Bull-Max-Verstappen-teammate-Lewis-Hamilton-F1-battle-SNT

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It does appear that they don't bother trying to make concessions for the second driver's style and just say 'drive the car like Max or leave'. It's not smart. The fact that they keep going through drivers at a rate of knots and apparently none of these promising drivers are good enough in their car (whilst being nagged incessantly on the radio) suggests that maybe, just maybe, it's not the drivers that are the problem...

• Like 1

Carlos Sainz wisely decided to jump ship and one of the few who gave Max a run for is money as a teammate. Definitely saved his career getting out of the Red Bull program and is in a much better place where he could have easily been a Monaco winner at the last race if it was not for his teammate putting into wall when Carlos on course to take pole. It’s not just Marko that comes over 🛎end, Christian Horner is no better and then you add Max not the best environment for any second driver to be in. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Cannot disagree with anything you have said there.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Have to feel for Verstappen there. You really do.

Pleased to see both him and Stroll walk away - they'll both be in a world of pain tomorrow crashing at 200mph.

• Like 1

Stupid from Hamilton though. Cruising two laps to finish second with Verstappen out was easy. Terrible mistake pushing for first. At the initial start, the commentator said that it’s only 138 metres from pole to first braking point and that the pole sitter had always finished the first lap in the lead, so why did he take the massive risk of changing history with so much to lose?

• Like 2

Just shows that when he under pressure he is human

• Gold FFM

Yes. Apparently he inadvertently pressed a setting button and got safety car biased brakes and poof, race done. He did apologise to the team for his mistake.