free hit
counters
Formula One - Page 21 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Formula One

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think you may be right. If Merc cannot find some more performance out of their car, they are going to lose both titles.

Later,
Eldon

Yes it  

2 hours ago, windymiller said:

title is going orange this year me thinks !!! 😄

Yep it looks like it’s going to be orange this year and let the best car and man win. It’s a shame we can not support British born talent a bit more no matter of his skin colour . Let’s hope we can support England to win the euros, the taking of the knee as not been so much of a problem as the team as progressed. 😁

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, scotty435 said:

no matter of his skin colour

Is this really an issue? I think if you had just left it as "It's a shame we can not support British born talent a bit more" your point would have been made.

I really do doubt the other thing is an issue for the 99% of British Sports fans, whether it is F1, Athletics, Golf, and even football. You only have to see the adoration of the fans that Hamilton gets at Silverstone to realise that his achievements have been celebrated and supported.  But then we are here talking about a sport where "money" more than talent talks.

There will always be the 1% of pricks, in any fan base, as indeed in any walk of life who will make an issue out of something like this. He's been recognised by the nation and knighted. He has won SPOTY TWICE - voted for by the people, the sports fans.  I think he has received a lot of support personally, BUT, he does sometimes create his own "issues" that does not make him likeable. Less so know that he has matured, but he did go through a period where he came across as a bit of prick himself to be fair and that lost him some support.

As for taking the knee and football, well I agree with many footballers, including interestingly, many of colour, that it is now "old news" and instead of "political symbolism" what is needed is real action to drive change in the attitudes and behaviour of the minority for whom colour of skin seems to be an issue. 

I do think Max will win the WDC this year, it's obvious he has the best car now. So I am assuming, that as Lewis detractors have said for several years now, that he he only wins because he has the best car, that it will be acknowledged by everyone that the car won the WDC!  :)

His message after finally over taking Norris on the Radio was classy. Further signs that he has matured and that actually his success has made him more humble (likeable?) in the end.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Yes it  

Yep it looks like it’s going to be orange this year and let the best car and man win. It’s a shame we can not support British born talent a bit more no matter of his skin colour . Let’s hope we can support England to win the euros, the taking of the knee as not been so much of a problem as the team as progressed. 😁

well of course my quote contained orange which was dutch ?? not skin colour !!! 🙄

Agree. Can’t see anything other than Verstappen WDC. Shame it won’t be closer though. I think most first time champions usually have to scrap over every point to secure the title from their rivals.

To be fair, if Mercedes really did give up developing their 2021 car, then they’ve got what they deserved. Stand still in F1 and you will only lose. Maybe Red Bull have been quite canny and saw this season in particular as their chance to usurp Mercedes? RB still has the works Honda engine for this last season and that seems to be working pretty well for them. Next season will be more of an unknown as they take over engine development also, but it will be a great boost to them in all aspects (inc. financial) to start that season as reigning World Champions.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, windymiller said:

well of course my quote contained orange which was dutch ?? not skin colour !!! 🙄

Have you been to Essex recently. All the women appear to be orange and I suspect that rather than thru' drinking Tango it's this:

Wonder Tan - Self Tan Foam - A Tan That Works Wonders On Your Skin

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...

Formula 1 boss Ross Brawn says hydrogen could be future fuel   ............................so electricity is not the answer.?????...

on   https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57842205

they must sound better than the supersonic milk float sound of formula E.

So we have the first Sprint Race weekend. Qualifying at 6.00pm this evening, 17 lap Sprint Race at 2.00pm tomorrow to determine Sunday’s regular race grid order with 3 points for first, 2 points for second and 1 point for third. Sunday race as normal.

I wonder how the weekend will pan out? 28 points for Verstappen probably!

From a visiting fan point of view it spices up Friday and Saturday, although it does make Friday a very long day, if you’re staying past 7.00pm. OK for campers, less so for day trippers. Probably plenty of empty seats for qualifying.

I don’t think it will really help the smaller teams. Less chance of a lucky Sunday grid slot, due to a big team error in qualifying, because that can be corrected in the Sprint Race. More chance of damage over the weekend. Practically zero chance of small teams getting any Saturday points.

We shall see.

Wow what a great day for British Motorsport and yes I know it’s only the Friday, but as a proud Brit and a passionate F1 enthusiast, it’s what we need after the aftermath of not winning the euro’s. It’s hard to pick the driver of the day, Lewis? Fantastic yet again, easy to see why he is a 7 time world champion. Lando? Fantastic after the shit week he experienced from the British fan base of a different sport. George Russell is my pick of the day what he as done this year as to put him the seat along side Lewis next year and let the best man win.

It was good to see the fans support and push the British drivers; all of them. I would have like to seen Lewis's last run without the mistake. It might have put more of a frown on Max's face. I believe too that George has earned the right of a top team's seat. I think Lewis needs somebody to push him and see if he has the mettle to still compete at this level.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I was wrong about the Friday night fans, though. It was pretty full for evening QF.

86,000 apparently. It’s going to be a full house over the next 2 days, with a lot of sunburnt faces. 🥵

I've been to BGP Friday every year for decades (other than last year!) and it was the most crowded I'd ever seen. More an effect of "escape from lockdown" than the change to the quali format I reckon, from what the first timers I spoke to said. Two Friday pics - the grandstand shot was taken at the end of Quali and the crowds shot is at 19:45! And the traffic jams leaving reminded me of the 1990s!

DK6A9068at.jpg

DK6A9246t.jpg

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...)

Anyone else find the channel 4 taxi sketch with verstappen stupid,switched over to sky

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Marko is a xxxx (use what ever letters YOU want to use) but the fact that Hamilton over took at least two other cars on that corners shows it can be done. Where wasd Marko and his comments when Max was driving like a [email protected] a few years ago.

Hamilton vindicated here and a great drive. Whereas max races very aggressively all the time, yet again Lewis shows he is not afraid to stick his nose in when it really matters.

There's a lot more to come from both drivers but maybe Max will now realise that other drivers will race him as hard as he races them!

Feel really sorry for Leclerc, he drove a superb race and I'd have been very happy for him to have won.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

So, I'm biased but first corner Max was off the track to retain the lead.

I’m glad you spotted this. My son and I were screaming at the TV that Verstappen had left the track at the first corner and thereby gained an advantage as Hamilton attacked, rather than yielding. We were watching Sky and not one word about this from the commentary team, even after the accident. If Verstappen had yielded or been told to by his team, he would probably have finished the race.

• Like 2