free hit
counters
Formula One - Page 29 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Formula One

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 29/07/2021 at 18:58, mg4lotus said:

I do think Verstappen drives to cause a collision. Unless he changes his driving style he will continue to have collisions in the future. He's a hazzard to himself and others. He's fast (in a fast car) but dangerous.

This ^^

Thank heavens for halo.

• Gold FFM

Thanks @Chillidoggy. Just spent 5 minutes of my life clearing up the tea I involuntarily spat out all over my screen and keyboard at that picture.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I guess both drivers were particularly wound up at that moment due to their wretched pit stops. If there was ever going to be another coming together this season, that situation had all the ingredients. I blame the pit crews! 😛

On 08/09/2021 at 10:51, Techyd said:

Great to see Albon being signed up to Williams for next year 🙂 

Yes he 's a very fast driver in a serene environment, he's very methodical and should have had a few more podiums if not a win by now if Redbull had not had cold feet. His arrival at Williams will bring a driver that I believe to be as competitive as George on a good day and also he can bring sponsorship to them which is clearly not the main motivation at Williams to hire him but when he joined Alpha Tauri, Albon brought on board two significant sponsorships from Thailand: Moose ciders and PTT lubricants, these companies would not look out of place at Williams,

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Cider and lubricants. Those two things are enough to worry many a student......

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@C8RKH

Having now seen the replays of the accident on a TV rather than on the phone screen ,I didn't realise verstappen was up on the green sausage kerb which sent him airborne . Really he was outside track limits and alters my opinion. I wonder if Hamilton maybe wondering if this is a warning he has never had before and whether this season maybe the time to retire. "Motor racing is dangerous "   He certainly was very subdued

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

@pete The sausage kerb is orange but I don't think it was that that caused Verstappen to fly up. I believe when he comes away from the kerb his wheels are behind Hamilton's, he tries to force his way through as if Hamilton is not there and when the front of his tyres touches the rear of Hamilton's tyres it is that that causes his car to fly up.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
33 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

In working together shouldn’t you have backed off just like Hamilton did earlier with you, or do you mean by working together that others should just move over & let you through”

Exactly this. The interviewer was totally crap and flaky to be honest and should have pushed Max on that. More and more the TV interviewers are more like influencers as opposed to journalists.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The Sausage kerb unsettled the car and meant that he was a passenger into Lewis, which he should have expected if he was out there bumping over big kerbs.

My issue with the way everything Max related is handled is that Max will put his car where there will be an accident if you don't back out, whether he's in front or behind. If Lewis backs out, he's being level headed but will never be able to get passed unless he has a huge speed advantage. If he doesn't back out then they will crash and anything can happen.

That's not really racing is it? That's bumper cars. Even yesterday, Lewis tried to bail out when he noticed Max wasn't going to do the sensible thing that practically every other driver has done and bail out of the move but it was a bit late and the kerb launched Verstappen into him.

The stewards need to make a stand at some point and say, you can't just be a wrecking ball driving around expecting everyone else to get out of your way, you aren't the only one on track. In years gone, you would see young drivers rocking up and driving like that and after a tangle or two with an old hand who knew they couldn't back down and getting a good dressing down for breaking the car they would learn. Max doesn't learn, he knows that 6, 7 or 8 times out of 10 he'll come out on top because the other guy is less crazy and will try to avoid an accident.

If they leave it as it is and if Lewis decides he's not going to back down (he's not there yet, he's firmer than he was but still sensible), the two of them are never going to finish a race, it's ludicrous.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

This year, they are around on-par, I'm not going to go into which is faster because it changes by track and is largely difficult to prove, however, there is no way that the Merc is fast enough this year to get past a Red Bull that is deliberately giving a 'crash or yield' in every situation. You cannot pass that unless you are on a straight. F1 is a funny sport but it needs rules of engagement to allow passing to happen. If you can drive like a nut case, it's actually impossible to pass unless you are pulling 3+ seconds on someone a lap.

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So why isn't Max backing down then as he has the best car this year?  Do you think it is Arrogance, Stupidity, Cockiness or just down right dumb?

If you’d read my post you would have seen that I don’t believe he has the best car.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Wow. Interesting as Lewis has been vilified by the Max fans and maybe, just maybe, the tide against Max is changing with the neutral starting to see Max for what he is, a Kart racer lol...

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

A mention for Lando overtake of Leclerc - on the grass at full tilt. Shades of Berger before he 'calmed down' after his Imola smash. 

Lando is seriously brave - they all are but he seems even more so.

Justin

• Like 1