free hit
counters
Question Carbon tailgate - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

As I've received and installed a used OE Lotus Carbon tailgate on my 400, I need to order a few things aside.

10_11a.gif.c7baef1300328ac4e2beacc392c5e61b.gif

In fact, everything from 53 to 63.

Could someone tell me the purpose and position of part n°63 called 'stop bracket' please? 

Is it here to prevent from opening the lid to wide, where is it mounted? Pictures could help. 

Thanks guys. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's exactly that, it stops the tailgate being pushed too high and flexing/cracking the cosmetic roof panel that sits above it. As the carbon tailgate  doesn't use the gas struts it essentially has no

Posted Images

It's exactly that, it stops the tailgate being pushed too high and flexing/cracking the cosmetic roof panel that sits above it. As the carbon tailgate  doesn't use the gas struts it essentially has no limit to where it can be pushed. 

Do you trust yourself not to forget as its simply a safety limit?

• Thanks 1

OK Thx so that can be useful 😅

Where is it fixed exactly? On the chassis on top of the little window to the cabin? Or with the hinge on one/both side(s) ?