free hit
counters
Clutch Upgrade Options - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I have just had my TVS1900 kit installed, which is putting out nearly 500hp and 530NM calculated at the crank.  I already have the Evora 400 series clutch installed but I am not hopeful that it will last too long, especially with track abuse.  So I'm currently considering the best upgrade option.  I use my car approx 60 road /40 track, so any clutch needs to retain good road manners and drivability.  I don't want something super heavy, grabby or noisy.

Form the research I have done so far, it looks like the choice is essentially Exedy or Xtreme Clutch.  Both seem reputable companies and offer a wide variety of options.

Exedy options appear to be:

• Stage 1 Organic (with Single Series Racing Flywheel)
  • Stage 2 Sports (with Single Series Racing Flywheel)
  • Hyper Single
  • Hyper Single VF
  • Hyper Carbon-D Single

Xtreme Clutch options appear to be:

• Sprung Organic - 1A
  • Extra Heavy Duty Sprung Organic -1AX
  • Steel Backed Organic -1T
  • Sprung Ceramic – 1B
  • Cushioned Ceramic – 1C
  • Extra Heavy Duty Cushioned Ceramic – 1CX

I am currently leaning towards the Xtreme Clutch Heavy Duty Kit with Sprung Cushioned Ceramic Clutch Disc (KLT24530-1CX), that sounds like it might be a good blend of track performance and road useability for me.

Also, is there any merit in going for a twin plate clutch over a single plate?  I like the idea in theory but wonder if the extra noise would drive me nuts in practice?!

Any thoughts/advice/experience greatly received!

Many thanks

TVS4.jpg

TVS5.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images