free hit
counters
S4s power steering pipe photo - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S4s power steering pipe photo

Go to solution Solved by Barrykearley,

• Gold FFM

Does anyone have any photos of the routing of the steel power steering pipes at the rear end of the chassis where they both joint onto the rubber lines that they could share with me please?

I'm sure the HP pipe on mine isn't fitted correctly but I don't know if that's because the pipe has been mistakenly flipped over or if it's been bent out of shape. The picture in the parts list doesn't make it clear how the HP hose from the PS pump is routed to the pipes either so would be useful to see what it should look like.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks @Barrykearley That's confimed my suspicions, the HP pipe on mine is currently coming out the bottom of the chassis. Something more to go on the list for attention on another ocassion.

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

One is a push on jubilee clip - the other is a bolted union - it’s very obvious 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The connections aren't the issue, it's the route the HP pipe from the PS pump takes to the hard pipe that's the concern. The way mine is routed just looks wrong but I'm not sure if the hard pipe has been flipped over or it's been bent. 

If someone has a photo it would help me compare to mine and then correct appropriately. I've done some searching on the internet but can't find a photo of what I'm looking for.

• Gold FFM

I can take a picture - but im probably too pissed now to stick the car back on the ramp..... I’ll see if danny can help me in a bit

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Thanks @Barrykearley That's confimed my suspicions, the HP pipe on mine is currently coming out the bottom of the chassis. Something more to go on the list for attention on another ocassion.

• Like 1