free hit
counters
Breakdown Services for Classics - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Breakdown Services for Classics

Hi all,

What breakdown cover are folk using for their classics & moderns? I've been a member of the RAC for donkeys years because they cover every car in the household but the recent renewal quote is a bit of a piss take. £199 last year £250 to renew and we didn't even have any callouts! I've had a quick look and most of the 'big boys' don't cover older vehicles. I need to cover 4 cars that date between 2017 and 1962 and ideally want 1 policy for all.

Cheers,

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

AA. Any age of vehicle. Haggle every year as renewal always a ridiculous price. Insure you not the car.

GEM good also. Family membership good value, cover you and spouse not the car. Pretty sure no age limit of car but double-check that and this link suggests all ages: https://www.motoringassist.com/breakdown-cover/classic-vehicle-breakdown-cover/

I pay £129 pa for GEM, two persons covered. AA was £182 pa on my renewal, two persons covered (includes one day in Europe). I keep both going in case I have multiple problems in a year but I should ditch the AA one. 

AA also do European cover for any age of classic with any number of call-outs on a trip to Europe, whereas RAC limit you to one call-out per trip. Not much use for a week or two away. Again, haggle each renewal. Euro cover is for the car but you can change vehicles during the year.  £177 pa which I think is a bargain for any age of vehicle and any number of breakdowns PER TRIP. 

Justin 

• Like 1