free hit
counters
Evora exhaust price - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my exhaust to a Larini system and currently have the original exhaust and cat sat in my garage. Is there a market for stock exhausts, and if so how much do they tend to go for? I've not found one online to compare it to. 

Thanks in advance. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, it is the third cat. Sounds like it might be worth seeing if I can get some money for it then. I get that I could sell my Larini for £350, but TBH I'm not sure it's worth the hassle - I'd ha

Posted Images

I think it's pretty worthless mate - I put my up for sale for £200 I think it was and there were no takers!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks bibs, that's what I assumed. Unfortunately the tip is closed at the moment, so I might put it up for free to see if anyone wants it, and if not will take it to the tip when it reopens. 

Could be worth banging a picture here, if it's the standard large exhaust they are pretty much worthless but it may not be??? Best be sure before throwing away lol

Great colour too by the way 😎

Keep it if you’ve got the space.

Put it back on when you sell the car and then flog the Larini. That’ll definitely be worth something.

1 hour ago, sellman said:

Could be worth banging a picture here, if it's the standard large exhaust they are pretty much worthless but it may not be??? Best be sure before throwing away lol

Great colour too by the way 😎

Photos of the exhaust attached. It is the original, large exhaust, that came on a launch edition car. Also includes the third catalytic converter. The tips are a bit dirty but clean up really nicely, so it can be fitted straight onto a car. 

As for the colour, I agree, it's an awesome colour - I've had more people compliment the colour than anything else!

46 minutes ago, KJD said:

Keep it if you’ve got the space.

Put it back on when you sell the car and then flog the Larini. That’ll definitely be worth something.

That was my original plan, but we're currently in the process of moving, and trying to create some space, so I'd rather move it on and just sell the car with the Larini attached.

IMG_20200525_164130.jpg

IMG_20200525_164138.jpg

Yes definitely standard exhaust that one,  as mentioned if you have space keep it as the larini would bring you around £700 pre-owned, I have a larini too by the way. 👌

IMG_20200125_144317694_HDR.jpg

Ah nice. I decided to go for the twin tips to keep the OEM look. Absolutely love it, sounds so much nicer than the stock exhaust. Such a cool car, mine has been under its cover since the start of the lockdown, really looking forward to taking it out again. 

17 hours ago, sellman said:

Yes definitely standard exhaust that one,  as mentioned if you have space keep it as the larini would bring you around £700 pre-owned, I have a larini too by the way. 👌

Sold mine (Larini V2, valved, oval tip) on eBay and was virtually new + decat pipe.  Got 400 EUR out of it (+- 350 GBP), went to US 🙂.  In any case better than the OEM exhausts as, like mentioned, they are virtually worthless.  Therefore I would also stick to it and re-install come selling time?

Edited by Kristof Thys

On 25/05/2020 at 15:41, Relic222 said:

Thanks bibs, that's what I assumed. Unfortunately the tip is closed at the moment, so I might put it up for free to see if anyone wants it, and if not will take it to the tip when it reopens. 

Definitely don't dump it. As said, its worth keeping hold of it if you can. The riveted on tailpipe tips are actually titanium, so always worth something as a precious metal. 

Looks like the third catalyst converter in your last photo?  That’s worth a few Bob, many catalyst recycling companies around the country will give money for your old one. 

• Gold FFM

I've got my old NA catalyst still. Only done around 14k miles. What they worth then?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

8 hours ago, electro_boy said:

Looks like the third catalyst converter in your last photo?  That’s worth a few Bob, many catalyst recycling companies around the country will give money for your old one. 

Yep, it is the third cat. Sounds like it might be worth seeing if I can get some money for it then.

I get that I could sell my Larini for £350, but TBH I'm not sure it's worth the hassle - I'd have to pay someone to change it over (transporting them back and forth to the garage), pay for postage, move it to my new house and store it. Once all that has been taken into account I'd probably only make a small amount of money, I'd rather have the convenience of getting rid of it personally. 

• Like 1

Things are never simple! I've found a local place that will buy my cat, but they say it has to be removed from the exhaust, and I've only managed to remove one of the two bolts so far. I might just take it down to see if they can remove the other bolt, but he sounded pretty grumpy on the phone so I'm sure he'll balk at the idea! 

I got quoted £120 for each of the cats on the exhaust headers.  Although I didn’t check if they wanted just the cat units or it’s ok if they were attached to the headers.

18 hours ago, electro_boy said:

I got quoted £120 for each of the cats on the exhaust headers.  Although I didn’t check if they wanted just the cat units or it’s ok if they were attached to the headers.

If be happy with £120, if it meant the exhaust was out of my garage! Haven't made any more progress today. 

If anyone has the oem headers with cats please post up photos. The post MY12 are supposed to have better stock headers/manifolds but I have never seen any that look different to pre MY12. 

if they are different I may buy them from you, and remove the 2bular full system I have. 

• Gold FFM

I'm with @Bravo73 @series_one and there is no difference they are just bog standard Toyota items. Far, far inferior to the 2bular ones which would have opened up more midrange power for you.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!