free hit
counters
Wind noise - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of adding a seal to a G car door frame.  Im sure ive seen them added which I believe came with the X180.  Supposed to reduce wind noise so wondering if it makes any difference and is a worthwhile modification.

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes. Do it. Big difference!

I bought some crescent shaped hollow rubber strip from Woolies years ago that was the right diameter for the channel. You will need to cut a 45 degree angle and glue 2 pieces together where they meet at the 90 degree corner at the top rear of the frame. Made a difference to water ingress when washing my car as well.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks Peter.  Will look into this for sure now.

I picked up the seal offered by SJ, probably that which is native to the Stevens cars but have yet to apply it. Expecting the task to be quite pedestrian as there cannot be great variance between the series' frame channels. 

Cheers

When I replaced the seal on my SE (also got it from SJ) it took several rounds with a soft hammer to get it seated properly. Not a 5min job, but not difficult, just takes patience.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

16 hours ago, drdoom said:

Expecting the task to be quite pedestrian as there cannot be great variance between the series' frame channels. 

Famous last words! 😆

• Haha 1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Peter,

Could you do me a favour and take some detail pictures of the extra rubber strip on your car.

Thank you Peter,

I'll have a look for material. Do you still know what you used to (double side tape or glue) it in ?

@gvy Yes, I glued it in Geert like Andy said above.

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1820/sponge-extrusion I think it was this one but I did it years ago.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009