Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
George Floyd - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

George Floyd

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

If the posts I’ve seen about this chaps criminal record is correct - then I simply find it very very difficult to leap to the defence of a convicted rapist whom pointed a gun at a pregnant woman’s stomach.

My opinion is this is yet another case of the far left jumping on a bandwagon before correct analysis of the facts. 

He still should not have died at the hands of the authorities - in exactly the same manner that others of all different skin colours have. All lives matter. This restraint technique is clearly not fit for purpose.

Only here once

@Bazza 907 - why so quick to censor a conversation that whilst difficult is being undertaken in  a respectful way? You can always hit the "ignore thread" option and allow the conversation to continue, in a respectful way.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

If the posts I’ve seen about this chaps criminal record is correct - then I simply find it very very difficult to leap to the defence of a convicted rapist whom pointed a gun at a pregnant woman’s stomach.

My opinion is this is yet another case of the far left jumping on a bandwagon before correct analysis of the fac

But no mention there that one of the policemen also had a record

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Re the LBC video - Same argument could be twisted and turned many different ways. Especially in regards to women’s rights and rape.

In relation to a policeman having a record -  we simply do not know enough about any of the circumstances as yet. Trial by social media isn’t helpful - but I’m sure In the run of time that the facts will out.

you simply cannot have balanced debate it seems.

Only here once

Just what we need at current time.    I guess there is a chance of 30-40 in that crowd with covid 19.  Even with face masks which wont do a lot there  is a lot of close contact there for a number of  hours.   Sadly it probably wont be these people that will be really ill but their relatives, shop staff, nurses etc

• Like 1

Yep, all these protesters clearly don’t think that either theirs’ or anyone else’s life’s matter In their haste to jump on to a bandwagon :wallbash:

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

They will just Bitch and moan that corona virus is racist - since it appears to affect them disproportionately.

ironically - law breaking does have consequences 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I have just been watching Sky News, so we have all just spent 3 Months in lockdown and now this, obviously what happened is completely and utterly wrong but what @PaulCP says is 100% correct! I have literally been cringing! Also it was in the USA not here and not by our Police so WTF! 

Spot on @Dan E

Lockdown till xmas thanks to these muppets? Just watch those numbers spike.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Yup.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Just watching Billy Connolly on bbc iPlayer. A quote of note - “there something quite facist about being told to apologise for having an opinion that someone doesn’t agree with“

Only here once

To be honest, I think the demonstrators have done their cause more harm than good. The very fact that they are recklessly breaking lockdown rules by staging mass protests and thereby risking the lives of themselves and anyone they come into contact with, is weakening their support and creating a new division. There is a time and a place for peaceful protest about many issues and this clearly isn’t it. The supporters of many other just causes understand and accept this by not holding demonstrations, so why should these protesters be allowed special treatment?

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

According to the BBC the crowds in London have a speaker paying tribute to this chap - remember that - paying tribute to a rapist. What next - Ian Brady?

Only here once

Unlikely. George Floyd was apparently trying to turn his life around. Awful crime for which he served his time. None of which justifies the manner of his death in the hands of the police which was disgraceful at best.

I agree. Dreadful. But then so is the behaviour and acts of the protestors. Both the killing of GF and the rioting, looting, etc should be condemned.

• Like 1