free hit
counters
Surprises that make your day. - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Surprises that make your day.

So took the Evora for our first proper run out today from home up through the Trough of Bowland and back. I noticed the sport button did very little to the exhaust volume. So once home did a bit of investigating through the grilles above the diffuser . Could see that (a) its got the Lotus Sport Stage 1 Exhaust with the blue tips , could also see the stamped part number and (b) the 3rd Cat delete. I'm assuming that exhaust doesn't have the valve.

What's the view on this config and track day noise limits ?

C

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think exhaust valve was introduced in the S model?   I have a NA with the Lotus sports exhaust and 3rd cat delete.  It's just about OK for track day noise limits.  I've driven at Bedford Autodr

Sport button on a LE only changes the response on the throttle - and raises the Rev limiter. 

Only here once

I think exhaust valve was introduced in the S model?  

I have a NA with the Lotus sports exhaust and 3rd cat delete.  It's just about OK for track day noise limits.  I've driven at Bedford Autodrome I can't remember what the figure was but its one of the lowest limits in the country so you are good for there you usually good for most places.  On the static test mine just about passed, I was told it was close to the limit.  On drive by noise, I had to short shift on small straight as I was getting close the limit.  But it was just a little earlier than normal and everywhere else on the track I was OK so it didn't really detract from the experience at all.

• Thanks 1