free hit
counters
Finally a Lotus owner! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Finally a Lotus owner!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a lifelong Lotus fan. I almost bought an Elise about 14 years ago. I also nearly bought several Elan’s Back in the 90’s, but I never did pull the trigger. Well this fall I turn 50 and it w

@Qykslvr Hi and nice Evora you've got there. The PSS is a very good Tyre on the wet. It doesn't like T° below 7°C if wet/damp conditions. But above that, it's very safe and performs great, even g

Congratulations and welcome to TLF. Car looks superb. What are your first impressions?

Posted Images

Burnt Orange is a lovely colour on the car! Congratulations and welcome to TLF! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

First impressions, based on the test drive. The car drives beautifully. The shifts are shorter than anything I’ve driven before. I will say the linkage on the GT was even tighter but I’m not sure that’s a good thing as I felt I needed to hunt for the correct spot to shift to. The seats were incredibly comfortable I am coming from a 2018 Audi RS5 which is a very comfortable car with a lot of power. The power felt very linear in the Lotus. I did not take it near the redline as I am not a big fan of beating on cars on a test drive. The suspension was very compliant and much more comfortable than the Audi in dynamic mode. It was comparable to the RS5 in comfort mode in terms of bump compliance. The car still feels extremely taught and I will be honest I am looking forward to the analog experience versus the crazy amount of in car electronics featured in most new cars. I am excited at the prospect of a long ownership of this car. I have always been a big fan of the GT tape car. Being able to drive long distance in comfort and still have a high level of performance. I feel like this car fits that mode perfectly.

I have always been a big fan of the GT type of car. Being able to drive long distance and comfort and still have a high level of performance. I feel like this car fits that mode perfectly.

I like this car so much I am going to be putting my Corrado track/race car up for sale and take this for track days. 
Now I just need a matching Exige but that won’t happen for a long time.

question: How do the stock PSS tires perform in the wet?

• Like 1

Great to hear you've bonded with the car almost instantly.  Things only get better with time.

@rallyesax is your man for all things tyre related.  If they're Cup 2s the short answer is "no".  More so when it's cooler.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

Great to hear you've bonded with the car almost instantly.  Things only get better with time.

@rallyesax is your man for all things tyre related.  If they're Cup 2s the short answer is "no".  More so when it's cooler.

I think they are just the PSS not cup 2. I’ve had them on other cars but nothing as light as the Evora. 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to TLF Bobby. :welcome:

I'm with everyone else. That looks great in that colour.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.