free hit
counters
Heater not working - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Heater not working

Hello,

I've tried the following:

Backflushed the heater core (from the outlet at the rear of the cylinder head all the way through to the connection back at the water pump. No dirt and full flow at mains pressure.  Flushed both ways

Tested the movement of the heater valve. It moves through 90 degrees from hot to cold (but I cant see the stop referred to in the manual)

cracked the hose at the highest point on entry to the heater control valve to bleed out any trapped air (this resulted in a little bit of warmth, but it didn't last long)

There is some kind of thermostatic control thing on the water valve. Could it be something to do with that...…………...i hope not as I've got no skin left on both wrists trying to reach the water valve. I'll cry if I have to change it...(or buy a warm coat)

Thanks

Alan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Hi Alan,

Unfortunately, everything points to the flow control valve.

I think, in addition to knob control, there is a thermostatic part incorporated that helps moderate a steady set temperature.

It sounds like its this part of the device that's giving the problems.

When the water is cold, the flow is good. As soon as the thermostatic part sees some heat, it stops the flow even though the manual control is set to hot.

Andy.