free hit
counters
Camshaft Sensor - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello

I own a 2004 Lotus Elise S2 111S with the 1.8 K series engine.

The car hasn't done may miles, approx 15K and has been serviced annually by the local Lotus Dealer in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Unfortunately this dealer s no longer trading, and the car has now developed a issue....

While out on a run the car seemed to make a pop (or maybe a backfire) after which it started to misfire, and the engine light came on....Limping back home I have been able to attach a ODBC reader and download the fault codes

P1302 : Boost Calibration Low

P1301 : Boost calibration High

P0300 : Random/multiple cylinders misfire detected

P0340 :- Camshaft position CMP Sensor A bank1 – circuit malfunction

Thinking P0340 would solve the problem, I removed the CMP and checked the part as being NSC000010.

Unfortunately I was unable to find anyone who stocked this part, however was offered a aftermarket replacement part, P/N  NSC000010P.

The part arrived and was fitted, however this has not solved the problem, the car tries to start but doesn’t

I would therefore appreciate and suggestions on where I can next look / check

Thank you

Stephen

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a fan of aftermarket sensors so it's shame you couldn't find the original Rover sensor somewhere.

The correct one appears to be part 3 on here, £195ish from Lotus and in stock. Part number is A111E6063S

17_06.gif

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply

I have check the voltage on the Camshaft 2 sensor wires, and with the ignition ON, Im seeing

Yellow with Violet tracer and -Ve - 20 mv
Black with White tracer  and -Ve - 20 mv

Yellow with Violet tracer and Black with White tracer - 0v - This is probally the wrong way to check ?

In any event, I have a feeling the voltage should be a lot higher than this ??

Im assuming the Yellow with Violet tracer is teh feed onto teh sensor with the Black with White tracer being the return - can anyone confirm this, and teh way im measuring the voltages

Thank you