free hit
counters
Lotus Excel SA - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Excel SA

Excel SA

Hi all,

Just taken delivery of my Excel SA - lots of "small" jobs to do on the car as well as a major one requiring the filling of the engine sized hole under the bonnet.

Will spend the weekend going through the car - it has a red leather interior, but pics are hard to take with the headlining mostly fallen down...

Neil.

Excel SA 1.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Neil. Looks like that's going to be a fun project! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Good news. Excel very under-rated cars. 

I seem to recall the auto box cars could starve engines of oil as they get older. Not sure how or why but I know I had to take preventive action on one I owned in the 90s. 

SA perfect moniker for where you are.

Justin

Thanks chaps.

Lots to do, so will be a longish term project.

Oil starvation not an issue right now as there is no engine in the car, and the original one is missing in action....gearbox is there along with most bits. 

Yip - SA  seemed appropriate!

Neil 

I assume the original engine went pop due to oil issue. 

How do you find a Lotus 2.2 engine in S Africa? Or will you import one? 

Gordon Murray came to UK (from SA) and sought a job at Lotus. He was turned down.....

Justin 

No idea about the original engine - I'm not in contact with that owner. 

I will put in a different engine,  anything Lotus will be in short supply and about impossible to find.  Importing one with the necessary extra bits - power steering pump, air con compressor etc. will cost more than I paid for the car!

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to TLF Neil. :welcome:

A guy in Australia that I talk to a lot about my Esprit recommended an Excel to me if I wanted to stay with a Lotus after I sell my Esprit. Alas, not to be.

Hope everything goes really well with your project.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.