free hit
counters
a nice "Lotus" for sale..... - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

a nice "Lotus" for sale.....

Dion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, RobinB5 said:

It looks like someone once saw an Esprit for 2 minutes, whilst pissed, then proceeded to design it again from memory. 

In which case he’s managed to make Rachel Riley look like Big Daddy...... he should never drink again

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It needs to lose all Lotus badges and reference, and fast! Then, maybe, it could be OK as a kit car.

I wonder what it's based on. It says 'Audi', but surely that must be a typo? Not a hint of the mechanical bits in the picture...

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

here you go, wouldn't want you to miss out on the lambo-doors. 🙂

KIT CAR LOSTUS  ESPRIT

Definitely recognisable as a Fiero and from some angles a hint of Excel, but I don't really see much likeness to an Esprit.

I didn't see the Fiero reference in the original as, thanks for pointing that out. The ad is so poorly written, I must have stopped actually reading halfway through. Incidentally, the same car appeared as a BMW as well! It looks like the seller is listing the brand of the car he wants to trade it for...

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

A pontia fiero is indeed a car that has been transformed by a lot of kitcar builders.

Pitty, because in almost all the cases it is so visible and cheap, and to be honnest, an original fiero is by itself a nice good looking little 2 seater sports coupé.

• Like 1