free hit
counters
Electroluminescent Heater Panel - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to do away with the crappy lights behind the heater panel and bought an EL sheet on Ebay.  Cut with scissors and punched the holes and fitted behind the panel, only took a few minutes.

Andy, I followed your lead with the electroluminescent panel and it looks great. Very even illumination and the panel looks like I’ve never seen it before. So far so good. The downside is that I have

I dont have any interference on mine but the Panasonic roof stereo amp has masses of power conditioning circuitry. You could try adding a suppression choke in the supply to the inverter.

Posted Images

That is very cool. Didn't know this stuff existed!

Does it run cold or warm? Where did you install the inverter?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Did really "install" it as such, its only 25mm cubed. No heat generated.

I wonder how the panel inverter would take to a PWM controller for dimming? I used one to dim my gauge LEDS, they're on ebay for a pound or two.

It doesnt need it, dimming works as-is. But the control has to be on full really, to get correct brightness.

• 1 month later...

Andy, I followed your lead with the electroluminescent panel and it looks great. Very even illumination and the panel looks like I’ve never seen it before. So far so good. The downside is that I have a slight radio buzz that’s caused by the converter. I understand that it’s a DC to AC converter that drives the panel. Did you do any modifications to yours? A Diode added perhaps?

16E87A06-3BDF-4961-AB14-70BE222A7BF2.jpeg

• Like 2

Ad initium

I dont have any interference on mine but the Panasonic roof stereo amp has masses of power conditioning circuitry. You could try adding a suppression choke in the supply to the inverter.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to resolve it. The audio cable insulation earthing/ground between the Panasonic 610 main and external amp casing was disconnected. Somehow picked up a signal from the EL panel. 

Ad initium