free hit
counters
907 Engine assembly - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dmottram

907 Engine assembly

I am currently trial assembling my engine.

Are there any modifications that I should be making at this stage to ensure longevity or oil-tightness? I am not looking at performance changes, just reliability and oil tightness.

Perhaps somebody has done a blog or a thread that would assist me.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Dave.

A good starting position is Lotusbits / Mike Taylor's "Improving your Lotus" manual. It was available as a download on his site but the link seems broken at the moment, perhaps give him a call and he can reinstate or email it to you (responses to emails can be low-priority for Mike hence I'd suggest a call).

It will give details but Id suggest an oil restrictor to the head so as to strengthen oil supply to bottom of the engine.

Thanks Andy,  I am in Australia but will try to contact MT. I purchased a few bits from him when I was in the UK last October. Very knowledgeable and friendly chap.

David

Mike at LB will also sort you out with a later version belt tensioner upgraded pulleys and cam belt, part ex water pump,and all the goodies to give you better performance like increasing capacity.

peter

David. If you track down the LB document, can you share where it can be accessed on the forum. I'll be embarking on a similar mission to yours in the near future (Well I hope it's the NEAR future!!!) with the same objectives. 

Tony