free hit
counters
Best Everyday Driving tyres for GT 410 sport - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

As most people are aware, the supersport is effectively replaced with the 4s.  I assume both tyres are still being produced just to cover any gaps in the size offering.  I've seem a three tyre review from the 4 to the 4s and then the cup. They are all great tyres but it was commented that the 4 was notably softer in the sidewall in direct comparison to the 4s.  If I was forced to mix tyres I'd definitely try to pair a 4s with a supersport, rather than a 4 and a 4s. I suspect you could experience some slightly odd handling characteristics on or near the limit.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Simon Bateman actually I do know the place 😆. Best friend's marriage took place there

Well, happy to see that our products are ticking all the boxes for most of you. Of course our competitors also do great tyres, often cheaper but lasting performance and wear rate are not always there.

This. All day long.  The best summer, UHP tyres on the market. Prices have really come down recently (you can now get a set for £650ish!) and they seem to last forever. What more could you want?

Posted Images

Very different cars, but I've had PS4 and PS4s on different cars. The 4 is really good. rides quite plushly but still has good grip in most conditions.

The 4s was ridiculous. I was surprised at how much grip it has, even when it starts getting quite cold they hang on much better than other summer tyres I've tried. They do eventually give up when you are approaching 0 degrees but I drove around on them all year in a big heavy Supercharged V8 Jag and they were constantly giving confidence all year.

(Taking into account my opinion may be affected because before I fitted them I had mismatching tyres on the rear from a previous owner and snap oversteer was a way of life, even in a straight line)

Totally agree on the PS4S as the best choice to go for. The problem you might find is getting hold of them in the size you require, I ordered some at the end of May and think I got lucky, had them delivered this week. 

I've got PS4's on my 18"/19" wheels and think they're great. Just fitted the PS4S's to my 19"/20" wheels and the grip level is a step up. For road I honestly can't imagine needing CUP2s when these are that good, especially considering any damp or coldish conditions that crop up. 

• Like 1

Oh dear all this praise for the PS4S is making me want to but a set of 19/20 wheels for the NA so I can get the PS4S on my car.    

Current tyres are getting close to replacement.  I think I'l try the SS / PS4S combo and maybe save up for new wheels and tyres for next year.... 

Anyone know where to get cheep 19/20 wheels from .... ? 

1 hour ago, electro_boy said:

Anyone know where to get cheep 19/20 wheels from .... ? 

Have you asked ES yet? They‘ve often got a number of sets available. 

Nooo ...  TdM, must not click on the link....  I might accidentally press the buy button! 

@Bravo73 My car is actually with them at the mo!  It went in just before lockdown thinking I'll get it serviced and sorted before trackway season starts...  There's been a few complications and delays but hopefully will get the car back later this week.  I've got a few other mods done to the car so spent too much money already!  Think I'll wait till next year! Never know ...  fingers crossed Michelin may decide to make the PS4S in the smaller sizes? 🤞🏾

Having had many sets of both on multiple cars, the PS4-S is a massive step up from the PSS IMO. We currently have PSS on one car and PS4-S almost on the wear limiter on another (identical cars) and even the near worn PS4S offer a huge amount more grip in both wet and dry. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I need new summers and I'm also on the NA 17/18's .  

so PSS front and PS4-S rear is the only/best possibility?

After 8 years with the Pzeros I can drive the nuts off it with total confidence, only issue is new rears every 5k miles. Will mixing the PSS and PS4-S bring me understeer hell?

^ What he said. :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 month later...

A052

"What if I tell you that the A052 works even better and more everyday than the Cup2 on a cold morning? I almost guess it's the only real semi (if not a hardcore semi) that can do that. I also classify Cup2 more as UUHP. 

Once I was out of curiosity, and since I liked the feedback and the precision, as well as the extremely high grip of the A052, I went on a pass tour with the track wheel set. (I think I mentioned that somewhere here, but this thread is now very big) We stayed in the mountains and started again in the morning at around 15 degrees C. and after a morning rain shower. I thought now I have to be very careful on the damp street with the A052s that cooled down overnight. But I was very amazed, no traction problems, nothing. The tire worked much better than even a Pilot Supersport at this temperature. Sure, that's not its work window, but the A052 is still extremely versatile. Surprised me. "

https://www.trackdayforum.com/index.php?/topic/1628-der-semislick-thread/&page=34

Cold wet braking

http://colesa.ru/images/upload-2016/mailru-summer-225-45r17-2019-nm5.jpg

cold dry braking

http://colesa.ru/images/upload-2016/mailru-summer-225-45r17-2019-nm7.jpg