free hit
counters
ECU dump : total vehicle distance - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

ECU dump : total vehicle distance

I know the vehicle has been ordered in 2011 and delivered late 2013, first buyer waited very long. This could explain ? It could be a dev vehicle ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To add to the fun, looking at another car I have here, there is a difference between ECU and IP... I'll do some more research, but it's not going to be imminent, got lots and lots of paying work

Has the IP been replaced? The mileage on the IP can be set within the first 50 miles of use - after that it cannot be changed. The max RPM probably wouldn't worry me too much, as they look l

That was pleasure. That red finger end was superb..... ET really stands for Erotic Therapy

Send me the VIN and dealer you're talking to mate and I'll enquire with the factory on Monday. 

There's no point wildly speculating to justify the erroneous numbers, there will be an explanation for it. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

You’ll never beat a solo test drive 🤭

Only here once

That is why i said there are lot of bs on lotus ECU dump, every time i see one there are some mistakes

About the 5 max rev recorded, there are all above 7400rpm .. would it be a concern ?

Standing starts = 11

Komotec told me that standing start means full throttle from 0 to 100mph

For him the max rev records and those standing starts do not look good

• Gold FFM

I think it's fair to say the cars performance has been accessed and utilised.  Isn't it what these cars are made to do and what most owners expect them to do?

Do you buy a performance car to drive like Miss Daisy or to drive like Steve McQueen? I'd say looking at those figures it's been on track. But again, isn't that what these cars were designed to do?

The main issue I have is that the disparity between the mileages. That suggests to me that things are not as they would seem. Did you provide the details to @Bibs and take him up on his generous offer to talk to the factory for you?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Yes of course i did

I also sent an email to Lotus, they answered me but not really any help so far :(

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the email.

Having spoken with our Engineers this morning I can report back the following information.

Your vehicle date shows 11 standing starts which is very high for our vehicles.

Has the vehicle’s ECU been reset as this can reset some of the values?

Has the IP or ECU been replaced with a new or second-hand unit at any time, this could make a difference.

Has the service records been checked?

We look forward to your response.

Has the IP been replaced?

The mileage on the IP can be set within the first 50 miles of use - after that it cannot be changed.

The max RPM probably wouldn't worry me too much, as they look like rev limiter, rather than over rev.  Standing starts show some disregard for mechanical sympathy, as there are not really many scenarios where you would do that.

I can check some cars here for correlation in mileage.  Have to admit, I've never checked before!

Dave

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

<clip>

Standing starts show some disregard for mechanical sympathy, as there are not really many scenarios where you would do that.

<clip>

That would be my concern!  I drive my car as it was intended to be driven but never until the engine and the tyres are fully warm and i see no point in standing stars...

Posted (edited)

What is the IP ?

As far as i know dealer did not change anything

Rev limiter is 7200 and data shows 7500 :D

If you can check that could be nice yes :)

Edited by Exx
Posted (edited)

Elise S3 220=6800 

And 250 i m not sure if it is 7000 or 7200

So IP is stock for the dealer, anyway if it has been replaced, that would means that the car as more mileage than IP so ECU is right .. so that would not be on the right way :D

Edited by Exx
  • Gold FFM

I believe the Exige S3 is c6500 max revs, with 7200 max revs when Sports mode is engaged (though I seem to recall that the 380 was limited to 6800 max revs).

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Why not just look for a different car? If you’ve gone to the trouble of getting an ECU dump and found data that you’re not comfortable with, then walk away. You will only inherit the “problem” for when you come to sell. Plenty more fish in the sea.

• Like 1

@LotusLeftLotusRight my feeling exactly.  Even if all turns out to be OK (@Exx you do seem to be persistent, I guess your best bet is to kindly take up on Bibs offer, God bless the good man) it would a) always go round in my head and b) might pose the same problem come sale time. 

Some very strange numbers in that readout, even if I compare with my own car (with heavily biased usage on track). Personally, I'd be shifting focus onto another vehicle. You'd kick yourself if you have any issues down the line after doing the due diligence at this stage. 

Posted (edited)

Well, i would like to have that issue sorted because the car is good and i have every thing ready on my table to get the car :(

And it is a good offer, not so much Exige with high mileage and good price (my pockets are not so deep)

But you are right, if Lotus can't give a solution, i will have to give up

Heartbreaking !

Edited by Exx

Just awaiting a call back from the factory, will chase them again tomorrow 👍

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 20/06/2020 at 10:19, Seriouslylotus said:

What is the 13th digit of the chassis number, Number 2 by chance????

Was this followed up and wonder what was known about that car

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Last day for me before i decide to cancel or nor the deal, any help would be highly appreciated 

No answer so far from Bibs or Lotus :(