free hit
counters
ECU dump : total vehicle distance - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

ECU dump : total vehicle distance

15 hours ago, Exx said:

Is the ECU shared with other cars or specific to Exige S3 ?

The actual ECU is used by Lotus on lots of models inc the V6 Exige , 2ZR Elise, 3Eleven etc etc, But the programme/software will be specific to the model its fitted too

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To add to the fun, looking at another car I have here, there is a difference between ECU and IP... I'll do some more research, but it's not going to be imminent, got lots and lots of paying work

Has the IP been replaced? The mileage on the IP can be set within the first 50 miles of use - after that it cannot be changed. The max RPM probably wouldn't worry me too much, as they look l

That was pleasure. That red finger end was superb..... ET really stands for Erotic Therapy

• Gold FFM

Do you really care about the mileage? If the car looks good, what does it matter if it has 50k or 80k miles? I agree about the standing starts being a bit disturbing, but that's something you wont even know on most cars. I don't know anyone who has gone to the trouble of getting the ECU read before buying, certainly not in this much detail.

If you want to be in control of every aspect from new, you need to buy new. If you find a used car you like, at a price you think is fair, don't worry too much and just go and enjoy it. You can never know everything, digging too deep will only make you worry.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

You mean like this:

Sexy Facebook Malaysia Ad is a Fake - is that so Bad? Branding in ...

(yes I know it's fake, but again, do we really care if some things are fake?)

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

No, it means you better buy the +2 upgrade as the pre-owned option is coming with another mans kids....

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Car is ok for the price but i don t want to buy a 70K miles car .. 50K is already high

And imagine i sell the car then the new buyer do an ECU check and put me on a trial ?!

That's the risk your taking and it's clearly reflected in the price of this car. 

Good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good. You can't have a good, honest car at a bargain price, it's one or the other I'm afraid.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

10 minutes ago, Exx said:

Car is ok for the price but i don t want to buy a 70K miles car .. 50K is already high

And imagine i sell the car then the new buyer do an ECU check and put me on a trial ?!

Then don't buy it...

No more than they've already told you mate. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Time to buy or walk away and live to fight another day I'm afraid. It's decision time.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I gave up :(:(

No answer or help from Lotus excepted an useless one

They don't care at all about their official dealers in France, that's a shame in my opinion, they have never tried to get in touch with him to clarify the situation

12 minutes ago, Exx said:

I think that it’s a bit unfair for you to say that Lotus‘s help was ‘useless’. In the message that you posted, they seemed to be asking for clarification about certain points. Did you provide them with those answers?

Posted (edited)

Of course i did, as i said i replied 5mn after on monday morning and no news so far, i wrote another email this morning to explain it was the last day for me to clarify

Edited by Exx
  • Gold FFM
57 minutes ago, Exx said:

I gave up :(:(

They don't care at all about their official dealers in France, that's a shame in my opinion, they have never tried to get in touch with him to clarify the situation

I don't believe they do not care but I can understand that they do not want to interfere in the business of their dealers. Remember, new or used you do not "buy" your car from Lotus, you buy it from the Dealer and your contract and any comeback or relief is with the Dealer and not with Lotus.

• Like 1

Well, when the dealer told you that Lotus had financial issues and put used ECU in their new car .. it should matter for them :o

• Gold FFM

So.... I can summarise this.

slight issue with ECU data. Could be a multitude of issues that make this up. Fraud being one of them with mileage tampering.

end result - Lotus getting bashed for not answering on a used very second hand car that frankly has nowt to do with them now.

fair???? I’d say not.

5 hours ago, Exx said:

50k on a modern car is frankly chuff all. The engine is a Toyota plant - normally good for 200k and up.

seriously - I do worry about some of the absolute bollocks spouted on here at times - we ain’t talking about an old triumph herald engine here. Oh well - off for more beer.

Only here once