free hit
counters
ECU dump : total vehicle distance - Page 4 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

ECU dump : total vehicle distance

On 20/06/2020 at 10:19, Seriouslylotus said:

I would be more concerned with the dealers 'story' than the ECU  dump.

Lotus DO NOT fit used parts to production /sales cars, period

They MAY re-use some parts during developement etc etc but a NEW car would not leave the factory with use parts fitted. Even if they did reuse an ECU they will have the ability to wipe it clean anyway.

What is the 13th digit of the chassis number, Number 2 by chance????

i would trust what Dave says here rather than your dealer saying libellous things about lotus that he doesn`t know for certain.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To add to the fun, looking at another car I have here, there is a difference between ECU and IP... I'll do some more research, but it's not going to be imminent, got lots and lots of paying work

Has the IP been replaced? The mileage on the IP can be set within the first 50 miles of use - after that it cannot be changed. The max RPM probably wouldn't worry me too much, as they look l

That was pleasure. That red finger end was superb..... ET really stands for Erotic Therapy

• Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, Exx said:

Well, when the dealer told you that Lotus had financial issues and put used ECU in their new car .. it should matter for them :o

Yeah, and I was told that Aliens were abducting people and doing experiments on them. Don;t be so naive, Lotus are not trying to sell you a car, but oh, wait, the dealer is!!!!

Oh, and if I were Lotus I'd be suing the dealer and removing their franchise for libel!!!  Be careful....

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

45 minutes ago, Exx said:

Well, when the dealer told you that Lotus had financial issues and put used ECU in their new car .. it should matter for them :o

you dont know that. are you sure dealer hadn`t already downloaded the ecu and hadn`t said anything

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Yeah, and I was told that Aliens were abducting people and doing experiments on them. Don;t be so naive, Lotus are not trying to sell you a car, but oh, wait, the dealer is!!!!

Yeah but what about that probing session you had 😝 

Only here once

• Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

That was pleasure. That red finger end was superb..... ET really stands for Erotic Therapy

Edited by Bravo73
  • Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

To be fair I’d never visit Area 51 in bright red pvc pants - but each to their own 😜

Only here once

• Gold FFM

You're right, I was asking for trouble...

And this Elmo skin costume, that can double as a gimp outfit ...

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Anyway enough about anal probing. 

this whole thread just shows that individual dealers can behave very badly indeed 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 20/06/2020 at 14:20, Exx said:

That s really strange. I have every bills, the full history looks fine, full maintenance done by the same Lotus dealer and he is a respected one in France. He s not selling the car so he has really no interest to lie. The car is fine i have just tested it. Just that ECU dump .. it can t be just an error from ECU or software who read it ? I know that Lotus has already statued that different software can cause various bug in data rendering

As the dealer is getting some flak, some clarifications are in order: was the ECU-dump done by the same (respected) dealer as the maintenance, or by a different dealer? Was/is the car sold by a dealer or privately?

As above, Lotus is not to blame, especially if it is a privately sold car. It would be different if it was Lotus approved or something.

Also as above, if you liked the car, I do not understand how 50 or70k miles could be a problem. Unles you're more concerned about resale value than actually driving and enjoying the car? The more miles I can put on my Espirt, the happier it makes me, adding up the smiles per galon. 🙂 

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I don't think the dealer is getting any "flak" as I'm not sure the dealer has been disclosed.  The point that is being hammered home is that this is NOT an issue with Lotus as Lotus is not selling the car.

Some key questions need to be asked of the dealer and some straight answers are needed. The Dealer has suggested that Lotus put "used" parts on their car and that is their explanation for the discrepancy. The point of view being passed back to the OP is that is a nonsense answer and is bollocks.  It is for the OP to decide whether he is happy and comfortable with the Dealers answers and as it is the OP's money he needs to make the decision to buy or not, based upon what he believes is to be true and the condition of the car.

So given all the information and point of views, the OP needs to get off the shelf and either buy the car and be happy, or walk away and be happy.  No one on here is qualified nor armed with the facts to make the decision for him.

That's all.

Posted (edited)

Lot of news today i will explain tomorrow, but Lotus has taken their responsabilities, i m too tired right now and i m just coming back from a looong trip to book a Sport 350 with a very few miles. My pockets are now so much lighter ... that s the bad point 🤑

Edited by Exx
  • Like 1
  • Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Exx said:

My pockets are now so much lighter ... that s the bad point

The good point is you have an Exige coming. Well done!

Posted (edited)

So yesterday i got an email from Lotus telling me that they are looking into the information and will reply me later

I had also a call from the broker (the private owner is not selling me directly the car) .. he has some news, i did not understand everything but it seems than :

Dealer has not done the perf data in the right way so possibility the mileage of the ECU dump is not right

Lotus told him they want to see themselves the vehicle in order to check for real mileage and will then provide an official certificat of it (so as i don t think there is a french Lotus entity .. i dont know if they will bring the car to the UK ?)

TBC but for me it s over, as i said, but i m still curious to know the end of that story 

Edited by Exx
2 hours ago, Exx said:

Dealer has not done the perf data in the right way so possibility the mileage of the ECU dump is not right

Not sure that is even possible...

Edit to add:  But congratulations on your new purchase :)

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111
  • Gold FFM

All still sounds very dubious to me - you connect the cable to the car. You select the software. You extract the data.

There's definitely, in my very humble but not so conclusive opinion, something not right here with the explanations to date.  

1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

And yes, in this instance, road testing a V6 Cup EX460 is work! :)

👍

• Gold FFM

I'd hate to have your job @Hangar 111, you must go home depressed every night.  Hand in your notice and I'll be down there to take over from you on Monday!!!

To the car and the dumps - for me, it is not the fact that the figures are different or "look funny" - the issue for me is that the responses/answers from the dealer/broker just have a hint of a smell of something that came out of the rear end of a bull! I mean, it is always better to say "I'm sorry I don't know the answer but will try to find out for you" rather than creating some cock and bull response to deflect elsewhere etc.

Although I have to admit the last time I was quizzed by the Police I am sure my answer was "honest officer, I have no idea. I was just sat 'ere minding me own business when then this big geezer covered in bling came and did it!.

Did what said the officer? "Did whatever it was you think I did" said I.   :whistle: