free hit
counters
ECU dump : total vehicle distance - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

ECU dump : total vehicle distance

Hey,

I have just asked a lotus dealer to do an ECU dump from the Exige i would like to buy

Is it normal that the "Total vehicle distance travelled" is 30% higher than what the car is supposed to have ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To add to the fun, looking at another car I have here, there is a difference between ECU and IP... I'll do some more research, but it's not going to be imminent, got lots and lots of paying work

Has the IP been replaced? The mileage on the IP can be set within the first 50 miles of use - after that it cannot be changed. The max RPM probably wouldn't worry me too much, as they look l

That was pleasure. That red finger end was superb..... ET really stands for Erotic Therapy

How much is 30%? 3 miles on 10, 3,000 miles on 10,000? 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Posted (edited)

If i do an average of every hours spend between differents speed record .. i m also getting quite the same total ...

Another thing the top 5 max rev are between 7400 and 7500rpm

Barry : no ECU replace i m aware of

Does someone get ECU dump with good mileage ? (i mean which is equal or so to real mileage)

Edited by Exx
  • Gold FFM

The scenarios are

ecu replaced from another car.

ecu mileage calculation is scaled wrong

ecu is right and the cars been clocked.

thats about it - it’s one of them 

Only here once

Posted (edited)

As is said if i take every speed ranges, i do an average of each (for exemple 30/50 i take 40) and multply them with each hours recorded .. i have a result of 68000 so very close

I have every maintenance bills from the same Lotus dealer and nothing strange here

Edited by Exx
  • Sad 1

No one here as a difference between ecu and odo ? I ve read from lotus that ecu data can be wrong and sometimes depend on the software used to read them. Well we often see strange data on dump 

• Gold FFM

Or maybe the owner simply plugs a computer in and “adjusts” the mileage to keep the mileage down between services and mots. The Ferrari guys were doing it routinely.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

What explanation has the dealer supplied?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Can this be done on any car

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Posted (edited)

Ok so he told me the following : car is an early batch (2013) he explained me that V6 should have been sell in 2011 but Lotus had financial issues and they had to postpone the sells. As they where in trouble they built cars with sometimes used ECU and this is so something common with early V6 batch

I asked him to do an official paper to attest the mileage

Also i sent an email to Lotus, i hope they will answer quickly

Edited by Exx

I would be more concerned with the dealers 'story' than the ECU  dump.

Lotus DO NOT fit used parts to production /sales cars, period

They MAY re-use some parts during developement etc etc but a NEW car would not leave the factory with use parts fitted. Even if they did reuse an ECU they will have the ability to wipe it clean anyway.

What is the 13th digit of the chassis number, Number 2 by chance????

Edited by Seriouslylotus
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Exx said:

Ok so he told me the following : car is an early batch (2013) he explained me that V6 should have been sell in 2011 but Lotus had financial issues and they had to postpone the sells. As they where in trouble they built cars with sometimes used ECU and this is so something common with early V6 batch

Eat your heart out, Ferdinand de Bargos!

Margate Exotics.

Did he also mention any magic beans?

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

5 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Did he also mention any magic beans?

or the dealers nose kept growing

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Take the advice above and walk away.....

That s really strange. I have every bills, the full history looks fine, full maintenance done by the same Lotus dealer and he is a respected one in France. He s not selling the car so he has really no interest to lie. The car is fine i have just tested it. Just that ECU dump .. it can t be just an error from ECU or software who read it ? I know that Lotus has already statued that different software can cause various bug in data rendering

• Gold FFM

I would say the Dealer is spinning you a fairy tale or just does not have the answer. Either way, I'd be digging deeper.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

I would be more concerned with the dealers 'story' than the ECU  dump.

Lotus DO NOT fit used parts to production /sales cars, period

They MAY re-use some parts during developement etc etc but a NEW car would not leave the factory with use parts fitted. Even if they did reuse an ECU they will have the ability to wipe it clean anyway.

What is the 13th digit of the chassis number, Number 2 by chance????

My S4 was a dev vehicle - and sold as a new car - figure that one out 

Only here once