free hit
counters
Facelift dash removal - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

just thinking out loud and Now I’m using the car I’m considering retrimming the dash panels and the centre panels / tunnel Which are currently Matt vinyl and wondered how much of a mission it is to remove them ?  The car has the facelift dash so I’m hoping it’s not too bad?

BDD44373-B95D-4541-B951-C2696390BD7A.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They came on the car when I bought it.  It’s a lotus development car so not sure if they put it in or was fitted by a previous owner.  The window controls and gear surround though are not carbon fibre

A valid point, and I did worry a bit myself yeah. But the rake of the windscreen means the reflection is really high up towards the sun visor so it doesn’t obscure your vision at all. I tried it yeste

Like it. It makes the interior more sporty looking.

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Super easy chap - just a few screws. Far simpler than anything you’ve done to date. 💪

Only here once

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Giniw said:

It's not covered in leather?

(quite a lovely interior!)

Nope, vinyl all the way 🙈

7 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Super easy chap - just a few screws. Far simpler than anything you’ve done to date. 💪

Do I need a hammer ?

• Gold FFM

Screwdriver is better chap. Look at the parts pages - shows where the screws are I’m sure of it.

Only here once

Carbon Sport 350 instrument cluster cover and centre switch console, you lucky sod. How did you get those? I’ve just had mine skinned in genuine carbon for the same effect as you can’t get these bits for love nor money!

• Gold FFM

They came on the car when I bought it.  It’s a lotus development car so not sure if they put it in or was fitted by a previous owner.  The window controls and gear surround though are not carbon fibre and I had considered carbon skinning those 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

No, the guy who skinned it put such a thin skin on it didn't affect the holes. He stopped just short of the actual holes with carbon as well, so inside the switches are just black. Looks really good though!

A valid point, and I did worry a bit myself yeah. But the rake of the windscreen means the reflection is really high up towards the sun visor so it doesn’t obscure your vision at all. I tried it yesterday as it was sunny!

also I wear polarised sunglasses so whenever there is sun and therefore more reflection, I’ll be wearing sunglasses which reduces the reflection by probably about 80% or so. But like I say it’s not in my field of vision anyway. 
That said, I’m 6’4” so my seating position may help as well! May not be the same for everyone. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2020 at 04:25, Glyn Harper said:

I got my carbon skinned bits back. Very pleased with them! Can't really see them both from this image, but the finish is amazing.

IMG_8233.jpg

Like it. It makes the interior more sporty looking.

• Like 1