free hit
counters
Supercharger casing colour - Evora vs Exige - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
paranoidandroid

Supercharger casing colour - Evora vs Exige

Just wondered why the S1 Evora has a silver supercharger casing yet the Exige of the same age seems to have the lovely black supercharger casing with the Lotus badge. Assume it’s purely cosmetic?

E59A4BA6-F4F6-4813-98FE-CEC262BE10B3.thumb.jpeg.98e5c4c82ca438daf7236ae156917122.jpeg

0A57ABAE-3B1C-42D6-A1B7-74FBF790487C.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

^^^^This^^^^

(The black is more expensive to produce so why bother if it’s going to be hidden under a cover?)

Although removing it still doesn't make the rear-view mirror any more useful though 🙂

My 2016 Exige 350 came with a silver supercharger. That’s part of the reason I changed it for the CC TVS1900 unit. Any excuse...!

2C2E8C89-5334-48F0-8E78-D704942FC604.jpeg

D6784284-7119-4B4C-81A6-15FEE564E3A3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

My 2016 Exige 350 came with a silver supercharger.

That was due to JMG’s cost cutting measures. 

Yes, a cost cut too far in my very humble opinion.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

5 hours ago, tim_marra said:

^^^ That should be quite nippy now B-)

It’s not slow, let’s put it that way! Even in “Road” map it feels so much stronger than it did when it was running nearly 400hp before I installed the kit because of the extra torque. In “Race” map it is bonkers fast.

The great thing is that the chassis can definitely handle it. It feels rabidly fast but not out of control, partly because it is so linear in delivery with mega midrange.

• Like 1

If you don't like the raw aluminum Evora SC and want to eliminate the cover .. just paint it! and fit fwd Exige cover (rear isn't needed, that part doesn't show through hatch.

Red SC painting Primer.jpg

Red SC painting VHT Crinckle.jpg

Red SC painted VHT Crinckle.jpg

Red SC final External Close Up.jpg

Longview-20130608-00025.jpg

• Like 1

Looks superb "through the glass".

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Wow, that looks great. How does the Lotus Performance badge attach?

My cover has a crack on it, replacement part is crazy money.

I've got one of those badges in stock at the moment if you wanted one? 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

8 hours ago, paranoidandroid said:

Wow, that looks great. How does the Lotus Performance badge attach?

My cover has a crack on it, replacement part is crazy money.

Attached by sleight of hand.  We of course don't have the treaded bosses on our SC case so I cut back the allen head screws and RTV'd in place (just for show) and RTV's the (plastic) plate to the SC housing.  4 dabs and its been holding for years, including with current owner.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2020 at 23:18, Bibs said:

I've got one of those badges in stock at the moment if you wanted one? 

How much are they Bibs?

£58.33 is the RRP inc VAT. You'll get 10% off and free delivery as a Gold FFM mate :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.