free hit
counters
Number plate mount - 410/430 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Question for those of you with a 410/430 who run a smaller front number plate. Have you managed to find an alternative bracket to the full width OEM one that sits behind the mesh grille?

I’m thinking a narrower bracket (maybe one made for the Jap market) OR a mount which sits lower down, just above the splitter (as per pic below). First option obviously better since the smaller reg plate will still cover the hole for the tow hook.

Thanks!

32DE00EC-EBA2-474D-9A06-5AF761E73173.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You did not mention whether you are using the legal sized letters on a cut-off plate, or a smaller three quarter sized, scaled down plate.

I did find the original fixings still work with a three quarter scale plate.

slkQVseyTqGgDzURqP8Jxw.jpg

Make your own, it's easy...

• Like 2

It was a few years back but iirc on my old evora S I used 4 of these which I  superglued to each corner of the back of the number plate to create 4 legs.
I then drilled 2 small holes through the ends of these legs and slid a small, thin style black cable tie which I threaded through the mesh using long nose players. Never had any issues and it looked great. 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/tower-heavy-gauge-conduit-couplings-20mm-black-pack-of-2/28255?tc=DB7&ds_kid=92700048793290388&ds_rl=1249401&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhvLEidyT6gIVCIBQBh2gKQ-xEAQYASABEgKEX_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edit  I may have cut them down slightly so the plate sat close to the mesh but tbh I genuinely can’t remember?

F91CF411-04B5-41BA-A3BD-C67ADA4E6400.jpeg

Edited by Screem

SSC has a bracket that relocate the licence plate to the bottom position, just like the Exige S before, but it is not full length, the length of the bracket is 23cm