free hit
counters
She’s gone to her new owner - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

She’s gone to her new owner

Smithy111

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

An Evora quite possibly (non S), been looking into them and all the revisions and packs, potential issues ect. Think it will be MY12 revised car as i think the CR box will be an essential for me :)

Anything special i should look out for or things to check when viewing?

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I had a launch model and was advised ahead of time to get the CR box which mine didn't have. For regular driving the ratios were fine and didn't bother me at all however on the odd track day I would have really liked to have the CR box, you could easily get caught between gears, one was too high but the gear next to it was too low and falling out of the power band. I thought the CR box was launched before 2012 though but I'm not certain of that.

Good luck with the search.

cheers

-Chris

• Gold FFM

My 2010 NA had the CR box, so definitely out before 2012

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Oh it might be that it was an option on earlier cars and standardised on the MY12 cars.

Aware of clutch issues and associated large cost so will budget for that and air con compressors seizing and aux belts shredding themselves.

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, tim_marra said:

I think the CR box was available from day 1. Don't all the 'fully loaded' LE cars have it as standard??

I’m sure mine has the long box. Never found any issues with it. 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

No - didn’t even consider it to be a problem when I looked - I just fancied an Evora.

apparently it’ll do over 100 in 4th before needing to change to 5th or 6th - so someone told me

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Apart from setting off I only ever really use 3rd and 4th gear in my Evora. Mostly 3rd as she is right in the power and torque band on the road and is whaling like a banshee on heat!  Ducking love it. It's like heroin. Crack cocaine. Chocolate even. It's so addictive.

8 minutes ago, cweeden said:

Mine was a fully loaded launch edition but it didn't have the CR box. I think these came along a little time after launch but I still think before 2012.

I am 99% certain that the launch cars that were used for the press fleet had the CR box in them as standard. The CR Box was a cost option from launch.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a18739236/lotus-evora-pricing-options-announced/

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I was told that CR box was reserved for press cars on the early batch of Evora. By 2010, more cars had them as news trickled out that it was available, Lotus having been silent on the subject. 

Certainly by MY12, CR box is standard and perhaps before. 

My 2010 has CR box, it was a must for me as it keeps 3rd gear right on the power-band and as I use mine mainly for town and B road blasts that is crucial. I drove a long box and it was not for me. Others feel differently and fair enough. 

My car was a Lotus employee car new, Martin Donnelly being the driver initially.

Justin 

• Gold FFM

The "long box" was dropped by MY12 and no longer an option I believe. Again, 99% certain.

18 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

apparently it’ll do over 100 in 4th

It does over that in 3rd #musttryharder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/certificate-provenance/

We also supply them as part of our Gold Membership. 

I'd advise you to order one before the end of this month. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thats tempting if i buy the car but not much use if i dont! No way to find that data from the vin?

Also does anyone know why a cars registration date and first registration with the dvla would differ? Car was originally from the Isle of Man i believe but now registered here could that be why?

This is what you can get from the VIN.

unnamed.jpg

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Bibs said:

It does over that in 3rd #musttryharder

Not allowed to - have to stick to the uk speed limits 👍 

I’m not one to get caught going fast by the old bill - I’m white and don’t want to attract unwelcome attention from the police 

• Haha 1

Only here once

Well I was going to go see a car today but thanks to bibs that chassis decoder says it’s a 2010 car when it’s advertised as 2012 and has 12 plate and every check I’ve done says it 2012 :( don’t think I’ll bother now