free hit
counters
Echo - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So I was given an Amazon Echo for Farthers Day, apparently I need to download an app to get the thing up and running, which app is good to use? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I use the Alexa app for the iphone to do the set up. Very simple as long as you have an Amazon account. Then you'll be looking to install apps for it which Amazon calls 'Skills'.

Was it an Echo Dot, 5 or 8 you got? We've definitely embraced the Echo in our home with having both the Echo 5 and 8. The kid loves it too with Justin Fletcher songs just a phrase away... 🤦‍♂️

To really make it shine you need things connected to it. The Hive system for central heating is brilliantly connected, just ask her to turn the heating on or off, what temperature is it set to, kinda thing.

The Ring doorbell is well supported too, just ask to see the front door. There are many cheap cameras you can integrate as well; put one in your garage and say "Alexa, show me the Lotus" and you'll get a live feed.

• Like 1

Signature not working...