free hit
counters
Hi my name is Jason, new to the forum, and an Alfa 4c Owner - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Jason is Chasing

Hi my name is Jason, new to the forum, and an Alfa 4c Owner

Recommended Posts

Hi my name is Jason, I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and I'm an Alfa 4C, owner, I recently had the opportunity to do a long term test of the Evora GT in the Bay Area, and to be honest, I'm kind of bit by the bug, if you will.  I'm here to learn more about long term ownership in Lotus, and also to try and understand what is supposed to be coming in the future, I've seen various renderings, some impressive, and some not so much; but having recently experienced Lotus, and getting to experience what an absolute pleasure it is a Driver's car I can't help but wanting more.  

 

Thank you for having me in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Jason. Are you going to get into a GT or hang on for what's coming do you think?

If you're referring to the press renderings, they're all wild speculation at this time by the way. 

  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Bibs,

it's a definite consideration to get into a GT, and God knows I'd kill to test an Exige, (Which I can't seem to get my hands on) but I'm considering waiting for what's new, they do seem wildly speculative indeed.  But really after my test piece, I wasn't in a hurry to give the GT back; not in the slightest.  There is the conundrum indeed.  The history and lineage of Lotus by itself, I find absolutely fascinating, ,intoxicating might be a better word, and the GT exceeded every expectation, even those I considered fluff.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm off to search the Forums, to see what opinions I can see from what's coming new, or release dates, 

 

Thanks again for having me, 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome. Delighted to hear the Evora made such an impact on you. The 4c appears to have missed the mark for Alfa. Even Alpine have retreated despite what Autocar considered to be a brilliant car. No rear seats/storage though unlike Evora.

Plenty of info on TLF about the future of Lotus and current models. Information of specific new models or dates is only speculation as Lotus have given little info of the short/medium term future save Evija and an Evora based car hopefully 2021. 

Geely have a plan though and a big plan it is. Allegedly with the dosh to back it up. The cars may be quite different though, come 2022 and beyond, as Geely seek a viable line-up that widens the Lotus appeal. So best snap up a 'classic' Lotus soon.

Justin 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, you are 'chasing the apex' on YouTube, you and your circle did appear to enjoy the car! Glad to hear it left a lasting impression and welcome to the forum.

The 'last petrol' Lotus it's next up but as others say it's not quite imminent. The depreciation on the cars is fairly low so you could always buy into something now that has already depreciated (perhaps try an older gen Evora or an Exige if you are ok with the raw nature) and then see how you feel when new models come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jep said:

Welcome. Delighted to hear the Evora made such an impact on you. The 4c appears to have missed the mark for Alfa. Even Alpine have retreated despite what Autocar considered to be a brilliant car. No rear seats/storage though unlike Evora.

Plenty of info on TLF about the future of Lotus and current models. Information of specific new models or dates is only speculation as Lotus have given little info of the short/medium term future save Evija and an Evora based car hopefully 2021. 

Geely have a plan though and a big plan it is. Allegedly with the dosh to back it up. The cars may be quite different though, come 2022 and beyond, as Geely seek a viable line-up that widens the Lotus appeal. So best snap up a 'classic' Lotus soon.

Justin 

 

Lotus is a fascinating company I'm curious to see how things evolve with Geely (I never in my life imagined I'd be following car manufacturer lifelines) Lotus doesn't seem to be an organization that is quick to implementation, which surprises me some given that there is a demand for exactly the Thoroughbred Driver they create, really I think if they had more "bums in seats" they would have more converts I believe.  That car will make anyone feel like a hero.

 

8 hours ago, TdM said:

Ah, you are 'chasing the apex' on YouTube, you and your circle did appear to enjoy the car! Glad to hear it left a lasting impression and welcome to the forum.

The 'last petrol' Lotus it's next up but as others say it's not quite imminent. The depreciation on the cars is fairly low so you could always buy into something now that has already depreciated (perhaps try an older gen Evora or an Exige if you are ok with the raw nature) and then see how you feel when new models come out.

Caught!!!!  I am indeed, I'm Jason I didn't realize that anyone here had watched those videos the Channel is pretty small, I'm grateful you took the time to give me a look see.   I didn't come to hock my wares, to put anyone's fears at ease, 

 Though I didn't realize my logo came up automatically by logging in through Google.  I've hunted for an exige here in California for some time, that's like hunting for a pot of Gold to be honest, tough find,

Lotus has made more than a lasting impression on me, I'm nobody special but I do love the driving experience, and it's becoming very much a  bit of a fever for me (The most amazing thing I've Driven, and truth be told, I suspect it's an absolute weapon on the track)

7 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Welcome Jason. I don’t think you will see the new sports car at your local Lotus dealer for at least 18 months, probably longer. Also nobody outside of the company knows what it will look like. Sounds like you need to scratch the itch sooner, rather than later. So with that in mind, test the C8 Corvette and then buy an Evora. You will soon be seeing a C8 on every street in your locality, so the Lotus will be the discerning motorist’s choice.

Ouch!  18 months!  Thats tough!   I'm curious as a former Vette guy what the C8 holds, I'm less interested in prestige than I am Driving, sexy is cool, but there's emotion in driving, and I'm not sure the C8 will be able to conjure that, though we'll see, I'm quite blessed for the opportunity to try one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I enjoyed the videos. I basically have 'Evora' on quick search on YouTube so I hop on anything new!

The problem that Lotus usually have is that 90% of people think "Sports car = Porsche" and never even go near a Lotus dealership let alone drive a car. Hopefully Geely will be able to do a better job of advertising. Lotus have a very good conversion rate so as you say, if they can get bums on seats they should get a strong uptick in sales numbers.

 

Anyway, good luck on finding your perfect car!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/06/2020 at 02:55, TdM said:

Yeah, I enjoyed the videos. I basically have 'Evora' on quick search on YouTube so I hop on anything new!

The problem that Lotus usually have is that 90% of people think "Sports car = Porsche" and never even go near a Lotus dealership let alone drive a car. Hopefully Geely will be able to do a better job of advertising. Lotus have a very good conversion rate so as you say, if they can get bums on seats they should get a strong uptick in sales numbers.

 

Anyway, good luck on finding your perfect car!

I concur, they've made the Brand, a niche of a niche, rather than the standard I currently believe it is.  We tried to capture that by putting non believers behind the wheel.  But they didn't make it easy to get a car either (in comparison to other manufacturers I've worked with), I think honestly there is more potential to be had there I think it's talent just need to be captured on real roads, or even better on the track where it's obviously I would believe at home in it's truest form, but I think they've probably already heard that from their fan base and I don't think me saying it would be beneficial, or even fall on ears that would listen in the US market.  

If the GT comes down in price I'd definitely be all in, hunting is definitely part of the adventure!  Thanks a ton, and thanks for having me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to TLF Jason. :welcome:

I have seen Evoras and I have touched one. Have not driven one so can't offer any opinion. Look forward to seeing the photos of whatever you decide to get..

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 


All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the kind welcome, the new Evora was a divine experience in driving, while I haven't driven the rest of the line, I believed the evora to be an absolute weapon, that couldn't be appreciated truly without being behind the wheel

Edited by Bibs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...