free hit
counters
(Re)learning drive cycle - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

So, if you reset your BLM cell values (via Espritmon or Freescan) you need to drive for a while (I've read for about 40 miles) to enable the ECU to relearn the BLM cell values for your car, taking into account the ambient environment, part wear etc. I'm assuming this entails exercising all 16 MAP/RPM cell combinations (plus the other 3; AC on/off and idle, or somesuch?). Any advice as to how to drive the car to achieve this MAP/RPM spread completely? Is it just a question of going low to high revs in all gears?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robin: In Lotus Service Notes, section EMH.1, page 13, section I, the following is written: "... When first starting the engine after reconnecting the battery or ECM power suply, it may be n

That worked a treat @Jacques, idle is much smoother now as well. 

Warm it up in the garage until the fans kick on and off. Then drive it like youve rented it on a Spanish holiday 

• Gold FFM

Warm it up in the garage until the fans kick on and off. Then drive it like youve rented it on a Spanish holiday 

• Haha 1

Only here once