free hit
counters
S2 Radiator Fixings - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Greetings all,

In mocking up the forward underside assemblies I find the rad attachments to be 2 bolts into the rad topside brackets via the boot floor, and 2 up through the pod into the captive nuts in the rad bottom framework. So far that seems clear enough, however there are braces listed in the Turbo Parts Manual, either 286mm or 306mm C-C, and I am unsure as to whether they were fitted to the S2 and, if not originally fitted, where they would be attached if a retrofit were advisable. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which rad do you have Steve, upright or inclined? Are these the braces you are referring to below?

50064896896_b1d8ac8fa8_b.jpg

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks, Pete! Mine is the inclined type as I suppose may be that in your car.

Hi Steve,

Yes I have the inclined rad. They were fitted to later S2s but maybe also federal cars? I can get you some better pics of the braces if you need them.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

The pics posted have it covered, thanks again. My car is the first of the "S" series so not quite the earliest of S2's and was fitted with A/C at the factory. The addition of the condenser for that seems consistent with use of the inclined rad, perhaps as the pod was reworked in evolving from S1 to S2?