free hit
counters
Garden redesign - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Garden redesign

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

What a waste of wood, you'd be better off using that to to shore up the gable ends in the garage.

Tell Ross and his dad, it's very dangerous putting a low roof above a trampoline.

Is that yellow path made from Cotswold shail? Tell the misses you  need about 20 tonne, then the kids can barrow and spread the 15 tonne left over to make a nice road up to the workshop.  🚜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Had a day and a half with the digger man and me running the dumper truck round.

drains now relocated, new drain for surface water for the patio area, hot tub area dug, 40 oak sleepers coming Wednesday and 70m2 of sandstone paving enroute. It’s a right feckin mess outside. Oh and the missus still isn’t sure what she wants 🥴C5F601C5-A1BE-44D4-8022-91002298B0F0.jpeg.477444d242e7577be6ea253010bf8399.jpegBDA1C1B8-B168-4508-B3BF-541FA5109B83.jpeg.c843a91a245b18846a094ae0c5e934cd.jpeg

we do have some painted lines out there now though - so the path and patio area is defined. Let’s see what some of these sleepers look like stood up in the trench - see if she likes that - we have to somehow bring some cosiness to the garden area

• Like 2

Only here once

46 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

.... see if she likes that - we have to somehow bring some cosiness to the garden area

I read that as cosines in the garden but I'm going off on a tangent.

Good luck with the redesign @Barrykearley, I really like reading and watching this kinda stuff. One day I'll do my own!

• Like 2

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

It’s already pissing me off - a lot @Spinney

Ive now been presented with a million pictures and links of summer houses and different furniture. And a question this morning - is the path to wide ? 

Ffs - all I want is the plan - stop chopping and changing and let me get the f££k on with it.

when this is all done - I’m buying another car.

• Like 2

Only here once

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Last cuts done today and the aico drains fitted in front of the biomass room. 

24 sleepers now stood up - bolted together and concreted in place

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Where's da bloody pictures man? No piccies it didnae happen....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Muffin would have absolutely no chance of catching any mice @ChrisJ - there’s some nice special all you can eat black buffet boxes down for the mouse. I was stunned at just how blatant he was running around the garage.

• Like 1

Only here once

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I had the same @Buddsy, the problem is they are "soft" wood sleepers and no matter how much they have been treated, and you retreat them, they rot from the inside out. Total disaster and waste of money.

If OAK then I think you'll fair much better @Barrykearley to be honest. Up here in Scotland anything "wood" outside just gets beaten by the weather. I'm looking to replace my wooden decking with composite as a result as I'm getting fed up treating it every year! And if I don't treat it every year then it deteriorates really quickly.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 1 month later...