free hit
counters
Garden redesign - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Garden redesign

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Thanks @Mysterae that’s defo on the cards - but agreeing anything in this house takes time - and often lots of it. I find decisions are far quicker in the garage department 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Had Johnno up last night with the jcb - kinda where this all started - all the spoil piles of rubble and dirt have been tidied away nicely and levelled over nicely. Wow - what a difference it all makes.

so just the fencing to get sorted now and then the decking and summer house can be thought about

• Like 1

Only here once

• 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Sadly when you get outside of London - the ground is sometimes not level and you just have to go with the flow. There’s several thousand tons of bedrock about an inch under the surface where the fence is - hence why the house is built where it is - next to the stone 👍

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, Bibs said:

A friend of mine was chatting to a couple of girls who during the conversations said they were vegetarian. He said he worked with animals and when they asked his job he told them, "A butcher". He went home alone that night :lol:

So I would say he was NOT the meat in the sandwich that night...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Apart from the temporary turnip mountains in Winter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you have a magnificent view there Barry. 🙂

• Like 2

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM

Up early this morning - quick trip to Travis to get more slate chippings.

Back home and a trip to the post office to tax the figaro - bloody thing was classified as disabled in the taxation class due to the last keeper - so couldn’t do it online.

Side of decking by the path boxed in - slate chippings laid. Then off to the garden centre again to part with another kidney for more planting.

looks a whole lot better - we actually have something that resembles a garden now.

• Like 2

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Decking banister/rails still not done yet - we have decided on posts and stainless rope. Picked up the timber on Monday but it’s still too hot for my motivation to kick in.

The plants are doing brilliant - and we even had a lesser spotted woodpecker pay us a visit earlier in the week.

Rain due tonight 🤪

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Ooh the missus managed to catch a very brief glimpse of the woodpecker tonight. A mate of mine reckons there’s a clan of woodpeckers that come just to laugh at my muffin cats haircut.

The esprit as ever - photobombing in the background. I collected my youngest in it from school today and got a right bollocking for being embarrassing 🙄

• Like 1

Only here once

Video not playing Barry. 

When we first moved here we could hear that wood knocking sound of the woodpeckers headbanging the trees. How their brains stay intact I don't know! Don't hear it so much anymore as they must prefer the peanuts we put out for the birds.

• Like 1

Signature not working...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Added a raised bed today - dug in some sleepers and concreted in. Filled with dirt and compost, been shopping for more plants, ready for planting tomorrow.

513E4F95-0EA6-4903-BB9D-FD4DB047A580.thumb.jpeg.39dbab2351aafa68b1220a0987762e53.jpegF8779B8D-4164-40E6-8572-3593A780A707.thumb.jpeg.d03b87d6f68a21018aec852a9b80d119.jpeg

Friday is the day the rails will be added.

• Like 1

Only here once