free hit
counters
Stick or Twist? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ferrari 360 has been purchased delivery in a couple of weeks.     some observations from test drives.    360 faster than a 400 especially 50 plus acceleration  handling similar 

It’s Nero Daytona (metallic black). F1 box and 40k miles.  The key things though are that everything these cars need doing will be done by the dealer before I pick it up.   I don’t have many pics

Over the last 6 years I've owned a Launch Edition, a 400 and now a GT410 Sport. If I look back at each car as I've gone along, I would say that the best one for commuting was the LE, ride is soft

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I have to admit in those colours it does look pretty superb. I can see why you made the switch. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I am concerned however about the lack of cup holders.

Only here once

On 30/06/2020 at 08:58, Bibs said:

410 with Sparco's? @bosshog's car and it's a stunning example :thumbup:

Ah, the American version of the 410 Sport

On 01/07/2020 at 11:19, Tris... said:

Where you in a Sport 410 or a GT410 Sport (Someone should shot who ever comes up with the model names).

My experience in the GT410 Sport is, while the suspension is tight and firm it is by no means uncomfortable on a B or C Road. I don't know whether there is a different between the two 410 models. I've always been amazed at how much better the suspension setup on Evora's is compared to the Cayman I drove while the LE was in the shop.

Couldn't get rid of the Cayman quick enough.

Tris...

The 'GT410 Sport' uses the same suspension as the original 'Sport 410' (aka 410 Sport), and federal version 'GT', the 'GT410 (Touring/Pack)' uses the same as the old 400

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, blueg33 said:

It’s Nero Daytona (metallic black). F1 box and 40k miles.  The key things though are that everything these cars need doing will be done by the dealer before I pick it up.  

I don’t have many pics

D78BFC0F-624F-47B8-81A3-A1158ED4F63A.jpeg

72FEBF26-9771-451A-88AB-130E3F2878C9.jpeg

EFD197C6-1B43-487A-920B-EF74584CE827.jpeg

2E9DC36D-8BA0-4C71-AA23-8FB3B2C693CE.jpeg

Looks fantastic, well done. I much prefer the non-red 360’s, and that looks stunning with that interior. 

Nice choice! How did you get on with the f1 box?  I have only ever had a passenger ride in a Maserati 4200 with the same box and I thought it was rather clunky and very noisy! Might be a different experience in a fez though. 

Love the seats!

The F1 box is ok if you treat it like a manual.  I have driven a few F cars with it. The best application is in the 575, the worst in the 355.  It has to be set up right too   The car I am buying was very good, nearly as smooth as the IPS in my Evora.  One of the cars I considered was awful, almost undriveable.

Going up the box you have to lift the throttle a tiny bit to avoid the jerkiness.  It changes very quickly under high revs, but is more docile at lower revs.  I believe that reversing uphill is a bad plan.  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 03/08/2020 at 09:55, DJW said:

Expect to see a 400 popping and banging on downshifts around Evesham soon then ;)

Edited by blueg33
Quoted wrong post and cant see how to delete!

Looks fantastic Nick! I like that you’ve stuck with the “Daytona” colour scheme.. even if it’s not Daytona blue!

Edited by 62dave

There's nothing quite like an Italian car. It's all drama, doesn't seem to matter which one you buy, how fast or how slow they make everything an event. You'll enjoy that car a lot, hope it treats you well!