free hit
counters
DMH Exige 350 Sport - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice, congrats on getting back into a Lotus Duncan :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Very nice, congrats on getting back into a Lotus Duncan :)

Thank you

So first upgrade was to order these goodies from Imran at Alias23...

25C21CC9-3B59-4325-AF58-E8151AB3FBD1.png

• Like 1

Whilst waiting to have these items to be fitted from Dan at HPE I also arranged to have the black “eye liner” installed around the front headlights to give it a more aggressive look.

near to where I live in Stockport, Cheshire there’s a great guy Called Ross who has a company called Black Glass Glass Cheshire.

I ordered the pre-fit ones from Zen Graphics which looked great but in trying to fit them they wouldn’t create the best finish and there was the red paint from the body showing up in gaps around the headlights.

So Ross who owns Black Glass Cheshire decided to lay black vinyl around the light and cut it by hand to give the better quality fitting and allowing him to overlap the vinyl on the edge of the body that meets the paint.

its a longer process and more costly but does give a by far better quality finish.

At the same time I also asked him to cut some red vinyl to match the “swoosh” highlights on to the front side air intakes To match the ones on the 410 & 430 editions.

Only small cosmetic tweaks but to me they make a big difference in highlighting certain areas of the car and giving it a more aggressive look and road presence.

ED6B0EA1-1B9F-40B3-A1FB-471922DCFFF6.jpeg

F55CBECE-70EE-4D26-9DD3-52FD98B187EB.jpeg

F428A496-4B7A-4035-9514-D45421887F7A.jpeg

6005312B-66C6-4B07-A797-6289124C9908.jpeg

808D084F-0A9D-431E-8437-65586A28D3DC.jpeg

• Like 1

Next up was detailing & cleaning products:-ike most car enthusiasts we like to keep our pride a joy looking good, but like most I don’t really have the knowledge to really detail a car, step forward   Mr P from ok this site who has really helped guide me on what I need and giving me the whole step by step process.

Products ordered and delivered very quickly from Elite Car Care

499C912B-5F5D-4CFE-9B8C-9DF65893E8D7.jpeg

5AE83221-F78D-445F-A5E5-9FBE40D64FCD.jpeg

1813041A-E72A-4807-A4FC-80066A3E843B.jpeg

• Like 1

Moat importantly it was then time for a run out - As Wales was still closed due to Covid-19 I took on the Peak District and my favourite road the A54 from congleton to Buxton, Winnats Pass, Ilam and Lady Bower Reservoir and some more local roads for me...

But first that roof needed to come off...and I couldn’t pass up the chance to take the car through Manchester Airport Tunnel...

3ED812F0-9287-4E1F-9450-329B0E2393F9.jpeg

198FEA9F-1AF9-4D27-AB2D-E9D3F1CA64D5.jpeg

3A9EC014-5FBD-44D2-B2F2-367A7799C1A7.jpeg

180EBC98-54BD-4744-912F-48EAA7A2F59F.jpeg

0C1766E7-610E-477F-ADCF-C8722AC4AAC8.jpeg

A15552F1-0882-4C06-A2E5-6DBC4E3184C2.jpeg

395BF33F-6B60-4854-A515-417E6C029DB6.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Duncan (great name you have there :lol: )

Congrats on your purchase, a couple of years ago I too had a red 350 Sport (and then an orange one!) and those roads shown above are very well known to me as I live nearby in the Peak District. I used to commute on the A54 to Congleton - fantastic road until they ruined the top bit with those pesky cameras :(

As well as this great place (so much help and info here) you should get yourself onto MLOC and keep an eye out for Sunday morning runs around the Peaks - a great way to drive some fantastic roads and meet some fellow Lotus enthusiasts :thumbup:

Cheers

Duncan :)

Edited by duncx

@DMH83 crazy to see how the cars transforming in such a short period of time! I think @MAG may have some competition;)

Congrats Buddy!

www.alias23.com

23 hours ago, duncx said:

Hi Duncan (great name you have there :lol: )

Congrats on your purchase, a couple of years ago I too had a red 350 Sport (and then an orange one!) and those roads shown above are very well known to me as I live nearby in the Peak District. I used to commute on the A54 to Congleton - fantastic road until they ruined the top bit with those pesky cameras :(

As well as this great place (so much help and info here) you should get yourself onto MLOC and keep an eye out for Sunday morning runs around the Peaks - a great way to drive some fantastic roads and meet some fellow Lotus enthusiasts :thumbup:

Cheers

Duncan :)

Thanks Duncan, yeh great name and not many do us around 😂

I do intend to meet up with the MLOC guys, what car have you got now then?

the A54 is brilliant aside from the cameras. But after the cameras finish that road is perfect the undulations, twists and turns as well as a few hairpins 👍

17 hours ago, alias23 said:

@DMH83 crazy to see how the cars transforming in such a short period of time! I think @MAG may have some competition;)

Congrats Buddy!

Thanks Imran...as you know more stuff has happened than what I’ve put in the thread yet but hope to load these up shortly.

your products are 👍 and it’s great to also invest in someone who is involved in the community and wants to make products more accessible and more sensible pricing too.

still a way off @MAG yet...the power upgrade he has though is where I would like to get to.

but to add to the suspense I do have something to fit to the car next week that once belong to @MAG 🤔...can anyone guess what they are 😂

• Thanks 1

Respraying the roof:-

ive never been a fan of the matte black roof, everyone’s opinions are different but to me it’s a step too far with too much matte black.

To me the painted roof really ties the car together giving it more road presence and makes it look more like a mini-race car.

i also find the matte black easily marks and as this panel is one of the bigger sections and sees most traffic when entering the car etc I wanted to look to get this resprayed.

as previously mentioned my family have had Lotus’ for years and we have used a local resprayer to my fathers business in Stockport called SMB.

not only are they used to working with fibreglass but they also look after BTCC driver Tom Ingram’s car.

they quoted me £120 for the respray including VAT and returned the Roof within 3 days, to say I’m happy is an understatement not just on the look of the car but also on the quality of their work...

4DE5AC0A-B86F-44FD-BFAD-12A83D5BE00B.jpeg

19C9F998-CB0A-47DB-A4F1-6BCEC7803941.jpeg

99538EF4-87DA-4482-B464-CFFE6365045E.jpeg

89BBEA04-33D0-41B0-BF43-3844EAE7F3B3.jpeg

Really good looking, and it is a good price to get this resprayed

I think I will get mine resprayed too as the matte paint has some stains I have never succeeded to remove

Yeh it really is a good price and I too had the same issue as you about stains on the matte black.

i used to not like the roof on the car, now I really like it...even leaving the roof on which the other week before the respray I wouldn’t even thought I’d do!

Edited by Bibs

I totally agree with you on the Matt black. Your car looks so much better with the red roof and if I had another V6 I think I would go further still and get rid of all the black apart from the rear hatch. I have had an Elise Cup 250 for a couple of years now and I keep thinking about getting rid of the black panels, just can't quite decide what to replace them with, carbon would be nice but expensive, or 100% body colour - might be a bit much on my car :lol: 

IMG_20200614_140927.jpg

Now that looks stunning!..is that a newer version of scandal green?

tbh I’d say carbon but so expensive..how about vinyl carbon wrap! Got the look without the price and gets rid of the black plastic!?...also no one will ever know 

Edited by Bibs

It's Kawasaki Green, fab colour, you can see it from space :lol: Thought about carbon wrap but my car has the full aero & rollbar cover in the real stuff so I think it might look a bit odd. I will probably get it done in Lotus dark metallic grey, which blends with carbon beautifully.

Still, this is your thread about your car, keep us up to date with your mods and plenty of photos. Hope to see you on a run sometime soon :thumbup:

Edited by Bibs

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hay you thought about getting the panels carbon skinned and then lacquered?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I painted my knob today:-

Bit of an attention seeking title today 😂 but I decided to try my hand at pairing the numbers of my gear Knob today.

ive seen a few ither owners complete this task in their cars and having owned a few Honda Type-R cars I liked the idea of the red numbering matching my cars body colour.

Howard’s Lotus has sent me out a spare tester pot of paint so decided to use this, as I didn’t have a syringe as some people have used I decided to use one of the many kebab skewers from the BBQ.

This worked a treat As the point was very thin and could easily apply the right amount of paint into the grooves of the numbers.

Once the paint was dry I Carefully scraped away any excess paint, it will need another coat but I’m fairly happy with the end result and ties in with the rest of the car:-

In other news - Yesterday I visited Dan from HPE in Bromsgrove to fit a variety of new shiny items, it’s totally transformed the car...I need some time to write the full process in what was fitted and how the result has transformed the car from a looks point of view but most importantly how it effects the way the car drives, for the better.

In the mean time I shall give you a clue, some of the items are from @alias23 

CB5D2C6C-61E3-4900-84EE-435F0D881D60.jpeg

On 04/07/2020 at 11:37, C8RKH said:

Hay you thought about getting the panels carbon skinned and then lacquered?

Hmm not thought I’d that, what would the process be and is it expensive?

On 04/07/2020 at 11:28, duncx said:

It's Kawasaki Green, fab colour, you can see it from space :lol: Thought about carbon wrap but my car has the full aero & rollbar cover in the real stuff so I think it might look a bit odd. I will probably get it done in Lotus dark metallic grey, which blends with carbon beautifully.

Still, this is your thread about your car, keep us up to date with your mods and plenty of photos. Hope to see you on a run sometime soon :thumbup:

Thanks hopefully get the chance to meet at an event sometime 👍

The skinning won't be cheap but in effect they put layers of carbon fibre on to the components. When on the car will look like carbon throughout. No idea re pricing but not cheap.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!