free hit
counters
Dual Clutch gearbox. - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Finally someone has done it!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could be tempted next year... I'd rather go to Komo-tec though I think 

Also should the price from manual -> DCT be the same as IPS->DCT??? I guess that the DCT integration should be easier having an Exige IPS as the base 

Sascha from Komo-tec reply to an email I sent saying their solution will be available in ~Winter 2020  I also got a reply from JUBU, the extra saving for an IPS would be around 200 euros as it al

• Gold FFM

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Much as I like the manual gearbox on my Cup 430 you do  need to be able to H&T and also invariably lose time on the changes.

Would be great to try with  DCT to get some perspective 

From a bit of digging, you’d have to be brave to spend €25k with Jubu from the stories I’ve heard.

Komo-Tec have been working on their DCT For over 18 months which sounds like a much better solution. If my work picks up, I’ll book my car in with them either late this year or early next year, as I think it’d be perfect coupled to the 460 kit.

Also should the price from manual -> DCT be the same as IPS->DCT???

I guess that the DCT integration should be easier having an Exige IPS as the base 

• Like 1

Sascha from Komo-tec reply to an email I sent saying their solution will be available in ~Winter 2020 

I also got a reply from JUBU, the extra saving for an IPS would be around 200 euros as it already has the paddles so I guess I will have to wait for komo-tec solution, no way I'm spending 25k   

• Like 1
15 hours ago, cuprapw said:

Sascha from Komo-tec reply to an email I sent saying their solution will be available in ~Winter 2020 

I also got a reply from JUBU, the extra saving for an IPS would be around 200 euros as it already has the paddles so I guess I will have to wait for komo-tec solution, no way I'm spending 25k   

U fortunately don't expect Komotec to be much cheaper (they never are). You can easily imagine the development cost justby  considering how long it has taken.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

Modifications of this nature to an existing car never make sense financially, it is purely down to the owner.

Buying a sports car never usually makes sense financially either, but then thankfully, we still do it. :)

@GFWilliams a KT460 AND a DCT will just about make you the fastest thing on track this side of £200k will it not? Will be quite a machine.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Daniel has told me that Komotec will be doing final road and track testing in September 2020 on their DCT, and it should be available immediately after that. Worth waiting for the KT solution IMO.

It will be very quick indeed with a DCT, of course there is a small weight penalty, but a lithium battery would offset that if you don't already have one.

For me, it's not about the speed, it's the feeling of going full throttle through the gearbox with fairly seamless upshifts, not having a slow manual shift. I also love pulling a paddle and having a perfectly revmatched downshift. After driving so many miles in my Exige, I can heel & toe very well, but it's still not that satisfying to do so for me. I don't know if it's a generational thing, but I just prefer a DCT box to manuals. Also will be much nicer in traffic... 

Not sure this helps promote the gearbox, he hardly changes gear at all :lol:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.