free hit
counters
Dan E's Dry Sump C Service & Stuff - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sparky

Dan E's Dry Sump C Service & Stuff

I'm more than happy with piles of infected cash.  None of those crappy old twenties though.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Actually if anyone has access to infected cash, can I BACs you some money and have it.

I tend to try to keep most of my cash at the MIL’s so if you can drop it there for me then I can pick it up in a week or two in my Hazmat Suit 

Happy to help! Just give me the address and where you keep the stash...

Not much done today.  Checked valve clearances, all beautifully in spec.  Inlets all 6 & 7, exhausts all 10 & 11.  One of the great things about working on a car that Gerald at GST has been at!  Rebuilt the tensioner and started stripping the covers, which seem to have been coated with a mixture of canine excrement, concrete and cyanoacrylate.  Wish I'd kept me mouth shut.  The only thing keeping me going is the huge surcharge I'm going to apply.

Still on for 3pm pick up tomorrow? 

• Haha 1

Not sure you could afford the early completion bonus.

It's not a C service; more a requiem mass.

• Haha 1

@Dan E - we need to get our cars together again, it's been a long time since the cock up of Top Gear :)

Chris once it comes out of its £49.99 service I was thinking about coming to join you on one of the Herts meets 👍

Service price is correct.  However, parts, surcharges, differentials, fees and window tax will push things up a little.  Well, a lot.

• Sad 1

Don’t forget the post-service Vietnamese ‘physiotherapist’ fees that are de rigueur when reviving a clunker.

Margate Exotics.

I've shimmied far too much today, so please send her immediately.  I shall require her long time.

• Haha 1

Clunker @Chillidoggy I went through the service history yesterday and @Bazza 907 wasn’t exactly scrimping on parts doing this with Gerald I think Sparkles is breaking stuff on purpose as he doesn’t want to see the back of it. It’s only ever been looked after by Sparkles and Gerald, I did however mend the brake light switch so that could be the issue 

cant wait for the new fans they look shiny and I am a sucker for expensive shiny things and generally just a sucker 

• Haha 1

BCM at the end of the day 

• Haha 1

I read that quickly and thought it said "How to deal with Mechanics when you know they know nothing about cars"

• Haha 1

Shhhhh, it'll be our little secret.

Timing and associated belts finished, yaaay.  One advantage of the Dry Sump is the ability to swing the alternator to get at the tensioner adjustment.  Couple of hoses to sort, then I can get on with the snag list and painting the covers.  Visiting family today, so no work will occur.  But, @Dan E, I will waive all of today's fees and surcharges.  I'm that kind of guy.

thumbnail (23).jpg

thumbnail25.jpg

thumbnail (24).jpg

• Like 1

Oh come on there must be some sort of charge, did you look at it this morning as you walked out? That must have a cost to it 

If it makes you happy I'll throw on a pony for ground rent.

I have been thinking about the extremely correct window tax and just wondering if I get charged for both rear screens? I guess as one is heated that will be substantially more than the other? There is probably an argument that the light lenses are a window of a sort, obvs happy to pay just need clarification. 

I'm going to have to ponder that...

MVIMG_20200711_181041.jpg

• Haha 1

Can we (you) get these cleaned up and painted with the obligatory metal, paint and dust surcharges. 23F9F4E9-BAFF-42AB-B0B3-9A88A03005E2.jpeg.f8d33ee4d7d2fd8b70ccdb1cc324935b.jpeg