free hit
counters
Dan E's Dry Sump C Service & Stuff - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Dan E's Dry Sump C Service & Stuff

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Covers and a few pipes complete, together with a modicum of engine cleaning.  It's not often I do cosmetic stuff; I hate it and I'm crap at it.  But Dan's an OK guy really (if you ignore the cross-dre

Finally, it's over.  Tyres fitted yesterday, MoT passed this morning.  Dan picking up tomorrow!  I'll shed a tear when the old girl departs. @Dan E what time are Group 4 arriving with the cash?

At this morning's emotional handover ceremony, @Dan Ereceived not only a perfectly repaired (but possibly a bit dirty) Dry Sump, but also his special commemorative Watford Exotics gin mug (free with e

Posted Images

You wouldn't believe what he's paying me to replace a couple of door bulbs.

• Haha 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

After I have deducted Lego rental I am confident it will be way below £300 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Dan E said:

Hoping to get change out of a Monkey

Think you may have used that word in a wrong context

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Guess I should at least pretend I know what I'm doing...

Awaiting the next Lotus-related aid package, so decided to investigate inop door lights.  A bit of non-standard spaghetti and a few Scotchloks, and no live feed to either door lamp.  Driver side was fairly easy - for some reason, the live feed had been cut and the lamp cable spliced into another earth, no idea why.  Also, door switch was buggered.  Fixed the cabling and robbed the switch from the passenger door, as that one is a bit more involved.  There's a short somewhere, and it's way in there under the dash.  I didn't know whether it has a delay module, but I suspect not.  I've removed the glovebox inner, which I hate doing, but so be it.  Not a design winner!

thumbnail (30).jpg

thumbnail101.jpg

thumbnail (29).jpg

Well noticed!  It was just held in there; not at all obvious.  I might have a spare or two hanging around.

Haha, I did that after the pic.  Thanks for the reminder, wouldn't want to miss anything on the invoice.

Fear not, she can borrow mine.

• Haha 1

That's what she wants you to think.

• Haha 2

Everything leak-checked this morning and panels replaced.  Fitted new brake master/reservoir seals and pressure-bled the brakes.  Installed new passenger door switch.  Finally back on the ground for a test drive.  Lovely!  Just a couple of tyres to change, and MoT Wednesday.  Removed the bonnet to check hinge issues and decided that retreat was the most sensible strategy.  Both hinge mount points are damaged, and it'd be silly of me - a GRP repair amateur - to make a mess of them when Dan is going to get some front end remedial work done anyway.  Best left to an expert!  Naturally, there'll be an additional fee for deciding not to do it.

@Dan E, my financial team is currently calculating the myriad fees, charges and differentials to be applied.  As I'm sure you'll appreciate, this is a mathematical minefield, and we'll inform you just as soon as we know how many gorillas you'll need to bring along.

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

Calling @CHANGES help 👍. I got 24k out in cash then remembered the extended Lego rental so have put 23.5k back in the Bank 

I'll 'fess up, I made those fans out of your Lego.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dan E said:

Calling @CHANGES help 👍. I got 24k out in cash then remembered the extended Lego rental so have put 23.5k back in the Bank 

Uhmm , did someone mention Lego ..    Got lots of GRP but bit short on Lego..     Think @Sparky had the midlands supply..   

Lots like necessity needs the mother of invention,   How can I help ..  :coffee:

@CHANGES 😂 thanks for coming back to me, I will PM you a little later if that is ok with you? I will copy in Sparkles just in case you need to ask any technical questions or information on shared knowledge surcharges, etc

thanks 

Dan E 

You never heard of the Official Secrets Act?

Imma gonna sue yo ass.

As you know sparkles, I have with a special bank request managed to get this out entirely in fivers, will load the van up in the morning, not sure how long it will take 👍