free hit
counters
Frankenstein's monster - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think the header to this topic is a bit harsh. 

So we all have to be positive all the time or we might upset someone?  Come on guys, if you like the car then feel free to say so and why. If you don't like it, then feel free to say so and say why.

Point taken @peteand I didn't mean to cause offence. It's just that so much effort went into the design of these beautiful vehicles and, from  a personal perspective, I really can't get my head around

• Gold FFM

I got some old wellies here if you fancy making some scoops

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So it's an 88 Esprit with lots of V8 bodywork, some chonking wheels, scoops out of a cartoon, comedy exhaust, sport 350 spoiler and a couple of stripes. It'd be fascinating to meet whoever buys this.  

What possesses anyone to mess so much with a pure design?

• Gold FFM

Yeah but it does have go faster stripes.....

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It’s been for sale for a very very long time. Dunno why 🧐

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Why?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Good example of what happens to cheap exotic cars,  I seen this sort of thing with classic Maserati's and Lamborghini's before they suddenly became collectable.. shame

• Gold FFM

Sadly - it’s probably a very loved car - but it goes completely against the Dna of the brand.

best thing he could do is rip off the wellies, remove the stripes and take off the fake v8 badge. There’s a nice car under there.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Prophylactics as it's obviously a real pulling machine.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, pete said:

think the header to this topic is a bit harsh. 

Point taken @peteand I didn't mean to cause offence. It's just that so much effort went into the design of these beautiful vehicles and, from  a personal perspective, I really can't get my head around why anyone would feel the need to alter the design intent so fundamentally. Maybe just being purist and, for sure, everyone's entitled to care, manage and evolve their Esprit in anyway they see fit! 

• Like 2

It’s looked like that for years as remember seeing it at Donington around 2005/6 time. Lose the stripes and horrendous exhausts it would look far better along with the scopes or whatever they’re meant to be.

Quite local to me as well but never seen it around the area.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

9 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Quite local to me as well but never seen it around the area.

Dave :) 

Maybe it only goes out at night.

I know I shouldn't, obvs, but, er, actually, I quite like it.

• Like 1

Hi,

To be honnest. There is only one thing on that car that should not have been on there and that is the V8 logo.  I don't have a problem with the rest of the modifications. I would not have done them, but that is another thing.

The Julian Thomson bodymod is done on other Esprits such as S4's or SE , so why shouldn't an NA car get it .

Wheels are somewhat of a personal choice. Lots of cars get aftermarket ones.

OK, The exhaust and intakes are a bit over the hill.

The colours, well it is referring to the lotus colours, isn't it?

Anyway, many of us , me included , can get enthousiast of an esprit turned into a race replica like a GT1 with bodykit and all. and here we are complaining about an NA esprit, that is changed to look like a later V8. At least it is proud of its origins LOTUS and they didn't want to turn it in a fake Lambo or Ferrari.

So, I do not have a problem with this car and I want to keep the owner or buyer or car in its dignity.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So we all have to be positive all the time or we might upset someone?  Come on guys, if you like the car then feel free to say so and why. If you don't like it, then feel free to say so and say why.

Censorship is for governments not forums.

You are so right, That is why I spoke out in the "I" modus. So please carry on

• Gold FFM

Agreed - you weren't trying to censor anyone @gvy but others were suggesting it. So yes, we'll carry on.