free hit
counters
Evora S near stall hesitation acceleration 2nd gear - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora S near stall hesitation acceleration 2nd gear

I was driving in traffic accelerating in 1st, changed up to second and my car nearly stalled/hesitated.

When car starts up the wrench (issue) comes on but goes after 30 sec.

Anybody have any ideas what the issue may be.

Evora S 2011 on 45k miles and original clutch and just over 12 months since last service

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, thanks for the answers! I also posted the issue on seloc, Bruss and Inkhorn pointed me in the direction of it being a faulty Clutch sensor which Rapid Mechanical Services in Harold Wood sorted out

That wrench means something amiss, but not major, I think. Sometimes can just mean it needs a service.

I'd be tempted to disconnect battery for a while, earth both leads separately, to reset ECU (make sure you know your radio code) and see how you get on.

Or get an OBD reader and see what codes it's throwing up.

Also check your MAF sensor is secure and cable tied in place.

A cheap ODB reader will let you know the codes but I seem to remember with the wrench that you need to be reading while the light is illuminated, they're not stored for future reference as the CEL ones are.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I had a similar issue.  As Bibs says clean MAF and air filter check connections.  Only after cleaning my K&N air filter and not putting on oil again did the problem go away.  Was temped to get a new standard air filter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the answers! I also posted the issue on seloc, Bruss and Inkhorn pointed me in the direction of it being a faulty Clutch sensor which Rapid Mechanical Services in Harold Wood sorted out....so far so good.

• Like 1