free hit
counters
Back from mechanical restoration - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Back from mechanical restoration

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three years ago I bought a 1984 Esprit Turbo. Mechanically it was a mess but I was naive enough to buy it anyway as the bodywork and interior were in great shape and how bad could it be?!!!  Well

I'll take a few engine pics tomorrow. That's the most impressive part of the car. Here is one of the block and pistons during the rebuild - amazing quality or workmanship from Barry if you saw what he

If you got a Sharpie and drew in some eyes noes and a mouth on the headrests, it would look like people were already sitting in the car. There are darker shadowy sort of marks on the passenger headres

Posted Images

That sounds like an expensive process - but jeez she looks good👍😎 Any interior pics?

• Gold FFM

That looks absolutely fantastic 

Only here once

Did this car go abroad at any point? It’s very similar to a car I went to see a few years back but it ended up on the continent but can’t remember where......

It's not been abroad for the past 5 years and there's no indication of that on the log book, but I couldn't swear to it.

Might be a different car but the car and the reg is very familiar. This was further back than 5 years ago......I’ve tried to find a photo from back then but can’t find anything annoyingly. Weirdly it’s the typeface on the reg number that is catching my eye.......it’s very period and similar to the car I remember 

A very pretty engine. Decided it needed red covers, which despite not being original makes me smile whenever I look at it :)

IMG_2103.jpg

• Like 1

Still keen to see the interior as I remember the car having a lovely tan half leather interior👌 

• 2 weeks later...

He's from down under :)

Needs a deep clean and leather treatment. I will get there eventually but there are plenty of other jobs on the list before that.

• Like 1

You were right the first time @ramjet, you need to get out more often.

I will give them a good clean and then resubmit. it will be very interesting to know who they look like and what they're saying then.

• Haha 1