free hit
counters
Cobra alarm siren melted - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So when I changed my interior to the latest 98 onwards type, I also changed the front loom and fitted a new factory Cobra immobiliser system.

The immobiliser works fine still, but the siren has failed. I've had it unplugged a while as it had been misbehaving. When I plugged it back in tonight, it was making strange sounds, then started to stink. I opened it up and one of the voltage regulators is toast. I could replace the voltage regulator, but the rest of the board doesn't look in too great a shape anyway.

The siren itself is a Cobra 5370

I don't suppose anyone knows a source of these do they? They seem to be discontinued and later ones don't fit or work apparently. They seemed to also be used on some Renaults.

Not the end of the day if I can't get one (I'll just think of the weight saving!) but it would be nice to have a siren if I can get hold of one, for anti theft purposes!

Anyone got one they took off their car they don't need?

Cheers,

Glyn.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic