free hit
counters
Most (cost) efficient power upgrade on a V6 S, what do you recommend?! - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Most (cost) efficient power upgrade on a V6 S, what do you recommend?!

I am thinking about a power upgrade along side the AIM dash and 380 wing from SSC. 

What would give me my best bang for my buck not overspending?? What would be your recommendation to add a bit of noticeable power and to support that where needed.. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

634 euros.  

I'd be speaking to Komo-tec as you know they'll work properly. I know it's not cheap, but they're properly developed packages, my 460 kit has done over 30k miles now without a single issue. Buy cheap,

Although it's not officially sold as a power upgrade, this has got to be up there when it comes to bang per buck... Intake Kit @alias23 Is a trusted member on here and his products come high

Posted Images

Thanks, I have it already installed from the first batch and am awaiting the black powder coated with Air straightener as I believe that would be even better. 

I do feel I want to add a more noticable power upgrade. 

• Like 1

I'd be speaking to Komo-tec as you know they'll work properly. I know it's not cheap, but they're properly developed packages, my 460 kit has done over 30k miles now without a single issue. Buy cheap, buy twice...

• Like 2

Personally I agree with @GFWilliams if you're wanting a major power increase there is no one better than KT. The ALIAS23 intake does what it was designed to do, a simple bolt on, extra throttle response, and that addictive howl of the charger without spending thousands. For sure there is a power increase but I don't market it with any power gaurantees.

Maybe in the future there may be a stage two power upgrade from ALIAS23. However right now for sure if you want MORE power then Komo-Tec remains king :)

www.alias23.com

If you do a £ per HP calculation then the EX430 from Komotec works out best. However, if you intend to track the car then you could suffer from heat soak as it runs the stock charger to the max without additional cooling. In which case I'd wait and go 460 or above with charge cooling...

I was thinking about the Kometec 460 but the price is perhaps hefty for a 2013 car which I don't really use on track. Also then I'd expect some other upgrades like brakes and such are imperative. Could I go for a Komotec 430 upgrade only, without having a need for other upgrades?? 

With brakes I think you can get away with just putting some more aggressive pads in if it's just for road use.

Personally I'd like to have at least Nitron 1 way and a set of more aggressive pads if adding power. 

No issue with 2bular exhausts/Manifolds/Downpipes with the KT460, fitted to mine. Only issue with my upgrade is it takes about as mile and a bit of heat in the engine to run perfectly. This is also true with other owners using a 460 upgrade.

cheers

10 hours ago, PJ said:

Interesting, can you give me an example of more aggressive breakpads which would fit as a direct replacement? 

I ran PF08 on my car with standard discs before I eventually upgraded the discs too. They're a huge step up in bite compared to standard, the only thing you'd find if doing trackdays is you'd get through discs a bit quicker than usual. Not an issue if only road use though.

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/braking/brake-pads/performance-friction/performance-friction-front-brake-pads-exige-v6-evora
https://www.seriouslylotus.com/braking/brake-pads/performance-friction/performance-friction-rear-brake-pads-exige-v6-evora

I concur with George, Performance Friction are very good and I’ve been using them now since 2015 and found nothing better for fast road and track usage.

www.alias23.com

Push right foot down harder. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

43 minutes ago, PJ said:

Is the street series a worth while upgrade or is the NTR more suitable? 

Recommend giving @Seriouslylotus a call, he's done sooo much testing and research that he's arguably the best to talk to ref Nitrons

www.alias23.com

On 16/07/2020 at 10:34, alias23 said:

I concur with George, Performance Friction are very good and I’ve been using them now since 2015 and found nothing better for fast road and track usage.

Recommended to place simultaneously on front and rear or.......??